Beowulf (2007)  » Movies  »
  • I thought that I would have appreciated the animation even more if it was either or
  • On the other had, I had no problem with the acting either
  • I would recommend this movie to those who read the epic poem
  • Chances are some will find it disappointing but I think a lot of people might not

• by Redtape

This movie is not to be confused with another movie by the same name and a similar plot which was released some time in either the late nineteen nineties or the early 2000s. I watched this movie some time either last week or the week before on a cable television movie channel. One of the things which I did not like about it was the animation, which was not

just CGI but seemed more like a cross between live action and CGI. I thought that I would have appreciated the animation even more if it was either or. On the other had, I had no problem with the acting either. I thoguht that was one of the few reasons why I was able to get immersed in the story after I got used to how the animation looked. However, I thought that had the acting been a little more powerful it would have made a big difference to the movie. All in all, I thought that the movie “Beowulf” was a bit on the uninteresting side despite the fact that it was advertised aggressively when it was to be released.

The movie was supposed to be based on an epic poem with the same title. However, I ...

• Beowulf (2007)
      had only read a small part of the poem so I am unable to tell as to how close the entire movie was to it. Both the poem and the movie are about the life of an epic hero and king called Beowulf. He is used to being a hero, but when he gets older he finds himself tormented and haunted by personal demons and past mistakes. One of
      this worse fears soon come to life too and he finds himself risking his life to save his kingdom and the ones he loves from destruction.

I would recommend this movie to those who read the epic poem. Chances are some will find it disappointing but I think a lot of people might not. I also think that one will need to read the poem in order to appreciate the movie fully.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111607762480731/k2311a0716/7.16.09