M*A*S*H: Private Charles Lamb  » TV  »
  • Unfortunately, he's really talking to Major Frank Burns (Larry Linville) , who goes on the attack
  • I've seen Eccles in several programs and always enjoyed watching him
  • I love the resolution to Private Charles Lamb

• by Orrymain

Radar O’Reilly’s (Gary Burghoff) love for animals really starts to become a bigger part of things in M*A*S*H: Private Charles Lamb. We’ve already seen his animal pin where he takes care of an assortment of critters, but now we see how far he’ll go to protect all animals, big or small. I love it.

The show needed that kind of tenderness to balance a lot of the other, more brash topics.

The other main subplot of Private Charles Lamb concerns a soldier, Private Chapman, who thinks he’s talking to Father Mulcahy and confesses that he shot himself in order to be sent home. Unfortunately, he’s really talking to Major Frank Burns ...

• (Larry Linville) , who goes on the attack. Chapman is played by Ted Eccles, who does a very nice job. I’ve seen Eccles in several programs and always enjoyed watching him.

I love the resolution to Private Charles Lamb. It was inventive of Radar to think of it and get Henry Blake’s unwitting assistance to

carry it out. It made me smile. I also like the party that followed, featuring spam lamb. That was a hoot.

Overall, this was a nice episode with some laughs and a lot of heart for the animal lovers out there like me. Burghoff was great. He pulls off this role with great ease and believability.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101507762070931/k2311a0715/7.15.09