BooksOnBoard  » Books  »
booksonboard.com
  • I can not open it in my Adobe Reader, and I had to install Digital Editions

• by livingblog

I have purchased a couple eBooks on this site. I have never been referred by anyone to this site. But this site always pop in first on Google search whenever I search for title of eBooks that I want to buy.

I have experienced purchasing ebooks from a couple other sites, but BooksOnBoard is more visually appealing, book covers are nicely displayed on the website. One more thing, is that because they accept Paypal payments. I never would have been able to shop online if an online

store won’t accept Paypal as payment processor because I am a non credit card holder.

So I made my first purchase for less than $20, and I was given the download link, and I was prompted which format I’d like it downloaded. I chose PDF/Adobe but I knew too late that it’s Adobe Digital Editions. I can not open it in my Adobe Reader, and I had to install Digital Editions. Anyway, it’s free but it is a little hard to use.

By this purchase BooksOnBoard also ...

• give rewards points and I got over a couple dollars rewards for a purchase less than $20, which is awesome. I can use it to purchase another eBook. And I did, they had books on sale for a little over a dollar.

But then again, it is available only on some formats. Until now I cannot open that book because that format will require you to sign up in their site for you to unlock; and part of getting the code is to give them your credit

card number, which I don’t have.

I have emailed the support, and they reset my registration but still they ask for credit card number, and was not able to resolve that particular matter.

So this site, is a little tricky for some users. This is an honest site. But there are parts that it is hard to use. Like, they should have warned before payment that I needed a credit card number before I made the purchase and download, so that I could have decide whether to purchase it or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171507761790931/k2311a0715/7.15.09