Edubuntu Operating System  » Software  »
  • I think Edubuntu is a nice operating system for students
  • It loads faster than Internet Explorer, that’s why I love to surf using firefox

• by arasyi

I have been using computer since I was in Junior High School. All I knew about operating system in computer was Windows. I use Windows 95, 98, windows 2000, windows XP, but I never knew that there are some other operating system, such as Macintosh, Linux, and Minix. Until one day, my Senior High School teacher introduced me a distribution of Linux operating system, Edubuntu. He installed it in computer labs in my school, so everybody could try and use it.

At first, it’s very difficult to me to use Edubuntu as I was really used to use Windows, and not any other operating system. But then, I began to realize that Edubuntu is also very simple. I got used to it quickly,

and since then I have been able to use computer with windows and Linux operating system. I think Edubuntu is a nice operating system for students.

Inside it, there are a lot of applications that can help students to learn and do their job, for example OpenOffice. org, firefox web browser, atomix game, tux math, and so on. OpenOffice. org is a set of office application.

I can write document, create power point presentation, and so on, just like when I use Microsoft Office in windows. It is really helpful. Firefox is my favorite browser. It loads faster than Internet Explorer, that’s why I love to surf using firefox.

Using Atomix, I can learn about the form of chemical molecules. In my school I usually ...

• used molymod to learn about molecules, but I didn’t really enjoy it. So, I think, learning molecules using atomix game is better. When I had math tasks, I used KmPlot, a lot.

I could draw curve of mathematical equation easily using it. I also used tux math to learn to count quickly, as tux math is a very nice game. It is also very easy to use. There are some other applications in Edubuntu.

All of them are very useful for me as a student. The best part of Edubuntu I think is that it is an open source software. Everybody in the world can get it without having to pay for it. It’s not like windows, where we have to pay for

the license if we want to use it.

Everyone could also participate in its development by customizing it as they want, because it’s free to copy and modify. Edubuntu also supports a lot of languages in the world, including Bahasa Indonesia, my local language. So, I think it will be easier to learn and use than the other operating systems. If we want to use Edubuntu, we can download it over the internet.

Just open http://www. edubuntu. org, and download it. It’s free anyway.

But, if we don’t want to download it, we can ask for the installation CD, and canonical, a foundation for *buntu family (Ubuntu, edubuntu, etc) will ship it for you, and you will get it approximately in 6 weeks. All for free. Edubuntu is great and fun!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301507761700931/k2311a0715/7.15.09