NYX Doll Eye mascara in waterproof  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately it’s not quite a drug store brand because you can only get it online at CherryCulture
  • Since I already have volumizing and lengthening mascaras in other brands I decided to try their waterproof one
  • The first thing I noticed about their Doll Eye mascara is that it comes in a cute box, which I’ve kept for no other reason than that
  • As much as I want to love this mascara for it’s neat brush and sleek handling it’s not the best mascara I’ve tried or have in my collection
  • Even for all of it’s fault I’d still recommend this mascara because it’s still a good every days mascara and has gotten better results from other customers

• by Liberty

NYX, pronounced “niks” is a line of fun, affordable cosmetics. Unfortunately it’s not quite a drug store brand because you can only get it online at CherryCulture.com and NYX.com, and can only get it in person at ULTA stores. I first discovered this brand through watching Youtube makeup tutorials. So many of my favorite makeup gurus use their products that I figured for the price it wouldn’t hurt to try it out for myself. I’ve tried several of their products but this review will be for NYX’s Doll Eye mascara in waterproof.

NYX Doll Eye mascara comes in three formulation: volumizing, lengthening and waterproof. Since I already have volumizing and lengthening mascaras in other brands I decided to try their waterproof one. The first

thing I noticed about their Doll Eye mascara is that it comes in a cute box, which I’ve kept for no other reason than that. The mascara tube is long, slender and tapers towards the end which actually makes handling it slightly easier. Now the brush is what I’ve been hearing a lot of talk over. NYX’s Doll Eye mascara is known for their curvy brush. It’s slender in the middle but tapers out towards both ends, much like an hourglass. I’ve found that the design of the brush makes it much easier for me to apply mascara and coat every lash without getting it all over my eyelids or the side of my nose.

As much as I want to love this ...

• mascara for it’s neat brush and sleek handling it’s not the best mascara I’ve tried or have in my collection. It’s a good every day mascara but I didn’t get that false lash look like so many customers have claimed. I have a few issues with this mascara. My first issue is that it doesn’t work well all the time. I’ll have days when it really makes my lashes stand out and other days when the mascara would clump and I’d get that spider lash look. My other issue with this mascara is that it doesn’t keep my lashes curled. Most waterproof mascara is known for keeping the curls but this one didn’t, not once. Then there was the price. This tube of mascara
        costs me $10 which isn’t much for some people but is a lot for a brand that is suppose to be affordable. I wouldn’t mind spending the $10 if it worked like it should all the time and kept my lashes curled like any good waterproof mascara would.

Of course as a product overall it’s not bad. It really is waterproof and stays put, no smudging which is more than what I can say for some of my other waterproof mascaras. I guess for $10 it’s not bad if it does the important job of not smearing or smudging. Even for all of it’s fault I’d still recommend this mascara because it’s still a good every days mascara and has gotten better results from other customers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311507761670931/k2311a0715/7.15.09