Drano Liquid Regular Clog Remover
  • Recently I decided to try Drano Liquid Regular Clog Remover
  • To be honest, I had my doubts of how well this would work when I bought it
  • I was happy to see that this liquid clog remover actually worked
  • This product cost less then gel clog removers and works well on minor clogs
  • I will buy this product again and recommend it for anyone who has only a minor clog to deal with

• by betsyraeduke

My shower drain gets clogged up on a pretty regular basis. Therefore I was in need of a product to keep it clog free. As my budget isn’t very big, I wanted something that was not to expensive. I have tried different things on and off. Recently I decided to try Drano Liquid Regular Clog Remover.

This product comes packaged in a white bottle with a blue label. It has the name, Drano, on it in large, red letters. At the top of the of the label in yellow letters it says, “opens drains fast”. This product is safe on plastic and metal pipes. This product can be used for garbage disposal drains, however it is not advised to use it for the toilet.

To use this product, pour half of the contents of the bottle into the drain. Pour slowly. If the clog is a tougher one, use the entire contents of the bottle. After pouring the product into the drain, wait for fifteen minutes for

normal clogs and thirty minutes for harder clogs. Then rinse the drain with hot water. Repeat if necessary.

To be honest, I had my doubts of how well this would work when I bought it. However, I was praying that I was wrong simply because I can not afford to continue buying the gel form drain clog removers that I had been using. In any case, I tried this in my drain as soon as I got home with the bottle. I should note here that my drain has never been totally clogged, it just gets to the point to which the water drains slower then it should. Therefore I can not say how this stuff might work on really bad clogs. My experience is with minor clogs only.

This product pours easily and goes down the drain immediately. This product does not have a really strong or extremely unpleasant odor to it, which is good. One treatment is half of the bottle and there is a ...

• mark on the outside of the bottle to show you where half is. However, it is impossible to see through the bottle so even with the mark on the outside it is hard to know exactly when you have used half. So I when I use it I can not say for sure that I am using the right amount, I may be using half, or slightly less or slightly more.

Anyway, I poured what I figured was about half of the bottle into my drain. Since I was not dealing with an extremely bad clog, I left the bathroom and waited for fifteen minutes. After waiting the instructed amount of time, I returned to the bathroom and turned on the hot water to let it run into my drain. I was happy to see that this liquid clog remover actually worked. Water did go down my drain faster after I used this product.

I also used this in my kitchen sink once since then when

it got slightly clogged because a little food got stuck in the drain. To my pleasant surprise, this product worked that time as well. So I can say that even though this is a liquid drain cleaner and not a gel, it does work pretty well for minor clogs. That is a relief since this is cheaper then gel clog remover and therefore easier on my pocketbook!

In summary I must say that Drano Liquid Regular Clog Remover works pretty well. It clears up minor clogs in my shower drain and even worked for a small clog I got in my kitchen sink once. This product works for clogs caused by hair, food and soap scum. This product cost less then gel clog removers and works well on minor clogs. I had a good experience with this product in spite of prior doubts that I had over it. I will buy this product again and recommend it for anyone who has only a minor clog to deal with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531507761620931/k2311a0715/7.15.09