Hpnotiq  » Entertainment  »
  • I am not usually a big fan of popular mixed drinks, as I prefer the basics, and I am not a huge fan of sweet drinks either
  • I was at a festival when I discovered Hpnotiq for the first time, and now it is my favourite liqueur of all time
  • I decided to pick up a bottle on my next trip to the liquor store, because as far as I was concerned, it was perfect aperitif or after-dinner drink
  • I have tried it with pineapple juice, rum, tonic water, champagne, and other mixers and juices, and every drink is delicious
  • I wish it was less expensive, because unfortunately it tastes so good that it is difficult to drink it slowly

• by Jessie Bahrey

I am not usually a big fan of popular mixed drinks, as I prefer the basics, and I am not a huge fan of sweet drinks either. I generally like wine and beer, and my liquor or liqueur favourites are drunk straight or mixed with non-sweet mixers. I was at a festival when I discovered Hpnotiq for the first time, and now it is my favourite liqueur of all time.

I didn’t know what it was when I first tried it, it was just in a small sample cup, but although it smelt strong, the taste was light and smooth and fruity, and the

turquoise blue colour made me think of the ocean. I went to the booth to find out what it was, and was quite surprised to see the ingredients list; it contained vodka, fruit juices and cognac.

But strangely, the fruit juices and vodka are apparent, but the cognac can’t be tasted at all. It is a very unique taste, and the combination of these ingredients makes a wonderful drink.

It does not need to be mixed at all. I decided to pick up a bottle on my next trip to the liquor store, because as far as I was concerned, it was perfect aperitif ...

• or after-dinner drink.

I went to the liquor store to pick up some wine and I went looking for a bottle of Hpnotiq. It is horribly expensive, at $30 for a small bottle, so I realized this would be an occasional treat only, not an everyday drink, unless I win the lottery.

I have to admit that it has become a monthly treat. I have tried it with pineapple juice, rum, tonic water, champagne, and other mixers and juices, and every drink is delicious.

I particularly like it with pineapple juice and Malibu coconut rum-I have seen this drink called many names, but for

me it tastes like I am lying on a beach in the Caribbean. Unlike many liqueurs, Hpnotiq is refreshing on its own, especially over ice.

The colour is also unique and cool, and it even looks like the ocean. I wish it was less expensive, because unfortunately it tastes so good that it is difficult to drink it slowly.

This also makes it far too easy to drink this quickly, so I have had to be careful not to get too much of a buzz on, too quickly. Hpnotiq is a delicious liqueur that is great straight or in an infinite number of drinks, but it is very expensive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591507761490831/k2311a0715/7.15.09