Amsterdam Van Gogh Museum  » Art  »
Paulus Potterstraat 7, 1070 AJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
  • I thought about the droves of visitors who might be lining up outside the museum and i just hate lining up
  • So I bought a ticket online, then found out both my printers ran out of ink

• by maangel

I’ve been to the Van Gogh Museum only twice. Once in the late 1980s and the second time this year. My lifetime goal was to be able to see the Starry Night ever since we learned about it in school. I had that chance when Van Gogh’s famous painting came over for a temporary

exhibition. I was so excited!

I thought about the droves of visitors who might be lining up outside the museum and i just hate lining up. So I bought a ticket online, then found out both my printers ran out of ink! I had to bring a USB stick with me and had the tickets ...

• printed at a library. Whew!

True enough, when we got to the museum, there was a long line. There was a separate entrance for people with tickets. We went in immediately. That felt gooood!

The exhibit of Van Gogh’s night paintings was incredible. I admired the paintings without rushing. It’s like going through a great meal

and cherishing every bite. I got to understand Van Gogh’’s feelings and thoughts.

My heart was beating fast when I got closer to the Starry Night. When I stood before it, I was absolutely speechless. I just stood there admiring this work of art. Finally, I’ve come face to face with one of my favorite paintings!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 181507761370831/k2311a0715/7.15.09