William Young “The Shack” book
  • However one tragic event shook his faith up and his relationship with God took a downturn

• by Katri

Mack had a rough childhood but he still grew up to be a God-fearing person. Together with his Christian wife, he taught his family about God. However one tragic event shook his faith up and his relationship with God took a downturn.

When his youngest daughter was kidnapped and murdered, Mack suffered the great sadness. He didn’t want to blame God but inside he was

shouting to God why He let such thing happened.

Outwardly he showed that he had faith in God, but inwardly he had a great grudge and bitterness towards his Father. One day he received a note from God.

God was inviting him to meet with Him in the shack, where he found his dead daughter. He thought it was a joke.

But he still went ...

• with a mission of finding if God really exists and answers His children. Mack went to the shack and he was transformed.

All he knew about God before was changed and he finally understood the love of God.

I liked this book because it just reaffirmed my faith in God.

I have a relationship with God and I suffer from disappointments too. But this

book explained that disappointments, trials or sufferings are just part of revealing to us how God will work around these things and let us see His love.

This book also emphasized on the significance of relationship. God wants us to have a relationship with Him as seen through His relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

So I thank God that I’m in a relationship with Him.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171507761320831/k2311a0715/7.15.09