Head & Shoulders Shampoo  » Health  »
  • But it even says on the bottle that it is comparable to Head & Shoulders in effect, so I thought why not give it a try
  • I told my fiance that I think it was all in my head, but even he stated that he believed that only Head & Shoulders worked for him too, as he had done some experimenting as well and found that no matter what he bought, his dandruff could come back too

• by onerios13

It’s an embarrassing subject, but because I live in such a dry climate, I do suffer from occasional dandruff. It’s not so bad that I have my entire scalp peeling off, but it is bad enough that if I am not careful, my forehead will have peeling flakes that even under makeup will show up. And it doesn’t matter how much I shampoo my hair as I wash it daily, so it’s not something that I feel that is in my control. And there have been times like when I’m going to an interview that I have felt self-conscious about those forehead flakes and hate that when I need to shine at my best, I instead feel like a complete bum.

That is why

I am a total devotee to Head & Shoulders. I have used it faithfully since I was a teenager, and I have found that if I decide to try out some new, wonderful smelling shampoo, no matter how expensive or chic or contains some unheard of magical quality ingredient, those flakes will pop up like falling snow within weeks me using that product. But as soon as I go back to the Head & Shoulders shampoo, those flakes are gone within a week’s time. It’s almost funny how that works and I wonder sometimes if it’s just in my head or if it really IS that effective. I’ve actually done some experimenting with this concept by purchasing boutique shampoo that firmly states that this is an anti-dandruff shampoo, but even so, it never takes away the dandruff the way Head & Shoulders do.

In the interest of saving some money as Head & Shoulders can get a tad pricey, recently I have switched to another store brand that states that it is the cheaper version of Head & Shoulders. It contains almost the same ingredients, but costs almost fifty percent less. But it even says on the bottle that it is comparable to Head & Shoulders in effect, so I thought why not give it a try. Well, about three weeks into using this shampoo, my forehead again started to show small white flakes and even though I was using it every day as I had with all the ...

• Head & Shoulders Shampoo
      other shampoos I’ve used, the flakes just came back more and more each day. Finally, in desperation, I went back to the store and bought another bottle of Head & Shoulders, deciding that even though I wanted to save money, that was useless if I couldn’t have a dandruff-free scalp.

And wouldn’t you believe it, about a week after using my normal Head & Shoulders, the flakes are again disappearing and I’m sure that by next week, they’ll just be a horrible memory. I told my fiance that I think it was all in my head, but even he stated that he believed that only Head & Shoulders worked for him too, as he had done some experimenting as well and found that no

matter what he bought, his dandruff could come back too. Honestly, I don’t know what is the ’secret’ ingredient in Head & Shoulders, be it leprechaun spice or some ancient fairy dust, but to date, this is the only product that has tamed my dandruff and kept it at bay. Of course it is a slight pain my rear to realize that I might have to use this shampoo until the day I don’t care about dandruff or when I’m on my deathbed, but that’s the price I have to pay. It is just a fantastic product overall and it has yet to disappoint me in any way aside from making sure I can never use another shampoo product if I wish to have flake free hair.

Head & Shoulders Shampoo
Honeylou Santander says :

I am from the Philippines and talking about dandruff problems is never new to me because I have experienced it myself. Though not that severe but it’s quiet disturbing and embarrassing. I am a volleyball player and I am exposed to the sun frequently and that’s the root caused of my dandruff problem probably but then my friend referred a shampoo brand for me and honestly, I just considered her suggestion to show respect and avoid her thinking that I did not accept her help. But, from the first time I was using it I always have that cool feeling at my scalp which relaxes me and gives me that refreshing feeling so I continued using it and was surprised that my dandruff problem is no more an issue to me. I can now confidently sit beside my crush without worries and shame.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341507760880731/k2311a0715/7.15.09