Almay’s Pure Blends line  » Cosmetics  »
  • Recently Almay has come out with their own eco-friendly line and I decided to try two, their eye shadow and loose finishing powder
  • I would definitely recommend these two pure blends items because they've worked wonderfully for me and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin

• by Liberty

In the past year cosmetics have joined the ‘green’ world in coming out with more organic, eco-friendly products, and Almay is no exception. Recently Almay has come out with their own eco-friendly line and I decided to try two, their eye shadow and loose finishing powder.

First up is Almay’s Pure Blends loose finishing powder. This product is 98.2% natural, as stated on the container. The point of loose finishing powder is to give you a natural, matte or shimmering look. Finishing powders serve to lock in your finished makeup look, making it look more polish. It also helps control shine for all day wear. Almay’s Pure Blends loose finishing powder is a

blend of antioxidants and flower extracts that serve to nourish and hydrate your skin. If you have an aversion to talc or parabens, no need to worry because this product contains neither of those ingredients. Even their packaging is eco-friendly, being made from 56% recycled material. Like many of Almay’s products this line is also hypoallergenic, which is something I’ve always loved about Almay.

My impression upon trying this product is that it does what it claims. It’s very light weight, doesn’t make my face dry or itchy and works very well to keep my face from getting shiny throughout the day. This product comes in two shades, translucent matte and translucent shimmer.

• I got the matte one. It does a great job at locking in my makeup and I didn’t have to reapply my face makeup once. I also love that it has natural ingredients to help keep my skin moisturize because most of us know that lack of moisture to the skin can make your skin look dull and tired.

The other pure blends product of Almay’s that I tried was their single eye shadow, only because it came free with the loose finishing powder. This product comes in 10 shades and I have one in lavender. Like the loosing finishing powder the packaging is made from 58% recycled material and the ingredients

are 98.2% natural. Almay’s Pure Blends eye shadow comes as a pressed powder formulation. It has a sheer coloring but the color pay off isn’t bad, it’s not as great as their Intense I-color but it does lasts up to 10 hours and is suppose to be crease proof. Again, like the loose finishing powder their pure blends eye shadows are packed full of antioxidants and flower extracts that serve to moisturize and protect the delicate skin of the eye area.

My opinion is that their pure blends eye shadow works great for day time wear but isn’t pigmented enough for night time wear. I would definitely recommend these two pure blends items because they’ve worked wonderfully for me and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311507760430631/k2311a0715/7.15.09