Jack Russell Terrier  » Pets  »
  • I purchased him for half price and I can honestly say it was one of the best purchases of my life
  • I believe JRT's to be one of the smartest breed of dog
  • Jack Russell Terrier's are amazing, rewarding and affectionate dogs to own IF you have the time to devote to them
  • If you do not have the time or the space to allow your JRT to get the exercise he or she needs, consider getting another breed

• by Valerie

I saw my Jack Russell Terrier in the window of a mall pet store while Christmas shopping and fell in love with him. When I returned to the same mall three months later he was still there, stuck in the same cage just begging to be brought home. I purchased him for half price and I can honestly say it was one of the best purchases of my life.

My JRT’s name is Holden and I have to state the fact that jack Russell’s share three main qualities: hyperactivity, intelligence, and obedience. I believe JRT’s to be one of

the smartest breed of dog. I taught Holden how to sit in two minutes after bringing him home and he was fully housebroken in three weeks.

One of the most adorable things about my JRT is the fact that he really connects with me. He knows when I’m upset and responds by cuddling up on my lap and kissing my face. He even looks at me, attempting to say “It’s gonna be okay”. He is an extraordinarily affectionate dog and anyone who believes JRT’s are not affectionate is flat out wrong.

One of the only downsides to owning a ...

• JRT, if you chose to look at it as a downside is their hyperactivity. Holden is extremely active and requires a great deal of exercise. JRT’s need such a great deal of exercise that it is almost cruel to keep them in the house all day. Luckily I have a large fenced in yard and Holden is able to run around for hours a day. One of our favorite games to play together is fetch.

I feed Holden one cup of Beneful puppy food twice a day, which he loves. I try not to give him table food but

sometimes it’s hard to resist. These dogs also require a great deal of water due to how active they are.

Jack Russell Terrier’s are amazing, rewarding and affectionate dogs to own IF you have the time to devote to them. If you do not have the time or the space to allow your JRT to get the exercise he or she needs, consider getting another breed. However, if you do have the time and the space and you make the decision to own one, I hope you fall as deeply in love with yours as I am with mine.

Jack Russell Terrier

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291407760320531/k2311a0714/7.14.09