SDC Branson
1.0
Branson Missouri
  • The problem is, although they do provide cubbies for you to stash your belongings, they are nothing more than a shelf and anyone can scoop up your stuff on their way out

• by hopTheTrails

Just returned from SDC Branson, and the thing that stood out the most was the rudeness of some of the employees. Not all, but enough to make us think twice about going back. There were tram drivers yelling at people, ex. “No kids on the outside! Don’t even TRY it!!”. Cashiers in the gift shop were crabby while taking our hard-earned money for their over-priced souveniers. But the worst were the ride operators, especially one older man who not only yelled rudely at me for having

a purse, but followed me all the way to the exit gate screaming and yelling at me while everyone else sat on the ride watching. This was the first ride we attempted to ride and we were not aware that they now have a policy banning carry-ons on SOME rides. He did not tell us this either as we were boarding, it was after we were on the ride ready to go, when he came over yelling at me, following me step-for-step screaming at me. And ...

• this was early in the day, so who knows what this maniac was like later in the day!

The anti-carry-on policy does not apply to every ride, and there are no signs when you get on telling you about it. So, you might stand in line 30 mins and find out when you are boarding. The problem is, although they do provide cubbies for you to stash your belongings, they are nothing more than a shelf and anyone can scoop up your stuff on their way out.

There are no locks, no covers or anything. The purse I was carrying is my theme-park purse, I’ve carried it to theme parks for over 6 years. It is a back-pay style and it has never gotten away from me on even the wildest roller coasters.

The cave tour was the best part of SDC. The employees there were nice and courteous.

Next time we go to Branson, we’ll skip Silver Dollar City and go directly to one of the other cave tours for alot less money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591407760190431/k2311a0714/7.14.09