Windows Media Player 11  » Software  »
  • I like the design of this Windows Media Player
  • I think this can be very useful, especially for people with large music collections

• by cool

Windows Media Player version 11 is the latest multimedia player that Microsoft has developed. I have it on my computer at work.

This software can play different media files, both audio and video. However, I find it a little disturbing that not all media types are supported.

In my humble opinion, it would have been

a much better if Microsoft included some codecs needed to play common file types, for example: MPEG-2 and DivX video.

Currently, if Windows Media Player version 11 doesn’t find the codec it needs to run a certain media file, it tries to download it from the internet. Instead, why not simply package it with ...

• all the popular codecs from the beginning?

I like the design of this Windows Media Player. The buttons have a glossy style, which looks cool. When your mouse hovers above a button, it gets an effect of light shining on it, which is totally awesome!

The user interface of the software is nice. It is

great that you can create your own music library and play-lists easily. I think this can be very useful, especially for people with large music collections.

I think that Windows Media Player has some good features, but some improvements are needed to cover more media file types. I will rate it 8 out of 10.

Windows Media Player 11

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301407760070431/k2311a0714/7.14.09