Orbit Sunmate Telescopic Wand with Gutter Cleaner  » Hardware  »
  • Like I mentioned before, the gutter was pretty clogged and I think it might have been a bit too much for this tool and I may still have to climb up there and finish the job
  • But, if I can get the gutters cleaned out by hand, I do feel it will give me a convenient way to keep them clean in the future

• by Steve

I have been a homeowner for a couple of years now and one of the chores I really hate doing is cleaning out the gutters on a regular basis. This is mostly because I don’t own a step ladder (I always have to borrow one from my dad) and, more importantly, I’m not a big fan of heights.

However, my gutters had gotten clogged to the point there were small trees starting to grow in them so I had to get them cleaned out. Rather

than borrowing a ladder this time around, I borrowed my dad’s telescopic wand with gutter cleaner from Orbit Sunmate.

You might have seen similar items on television. The wand attaches to your garden hose and uses water to clean the debris out of your gutter. I liked this idea because it meant I could keep my feet firmly on the ground and I figured, if I liked it, I would just buy one of my own.

The telescopic wand/gutter cleaner did an OK job. It took a bit to get used to (there aren’t any instructions about how you are supposed to hold it, etc) but, once I did, it was cleaning quite a bit of guck out of our front gutter; the worst one on the house. At first, I didn’t realize just how much it cleaned out. But, then I saw the mess left all over our yard.

The one thing I did realize about this tool is, while it works, it is designed more for regular maintenance than ...

• Orbit Sunmate Telescopic Wand with Gutter Cleaner
      heavier cleaning jobs. Like I mentioned before, the gutter was pretty clogged and I think it might have been a bit too much for this tool and I may still have to climb up there and finish the job. Whenever I got to a bunch of debris like twigs and rotting leaves, it barely touched them.

I also wasn’t a huge fan of the end piece on this telescopic wand. It twists on but, depending on which direction you are cleaning your gutters, it has

a tendency to come loose. Because of the high pressure water, it ends up spinning around like a sprinkler; leaving everybody and everything wet but not doing its job. I had to stop several times to re-tighten it.

Overall, I would say this is a decent product. It didn’t quite work as well as I expected it to. But, if I can get the gutters cleaned out by hand, I do feel it will give me a convenient way to keep them clean in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331407759790431/k2311a0714/7.14.09