Petco (Las Vegas, NV)  » Business  »
4725 Spring Mountain RD Ste I, Las Vegas, NV 89102
  • Two summers ago, I decided to move in with my fiance and as I was packing up my apartment, my neighbor that was catty corner to where I was living suddenly asked me if I wanted any of the kittens from her cat's litter
  • The prices were a tad higher than I expected, but the quality was definitely there too

• by onerios13

Two summers ago, I decided to move in with my fiance and as I was packing up my apartment, my neighbor that was catty corner to where I was living suddenly asked me if I wanted any of the kittens from her cat’s litter. Well, me being the animal lover that I am, just oohed and ahhed over the squiggly bundles of fur that came crawling over to me. I silently begged my fiance with huge eyes to let me have one, and after pretending to be put-out beyond endurance (I knew he was only pretending as he adores cats too), he came over and selected my orange and white baby boy, Nugget. And two days later, we went back and got his sister, a gorgeous gray little girl who we named Shadow.

Now, new parents of furry children, we had to get all sorts of things from dishes to cat box, so naturally

we went to Petco which was just up the street from where we lived and since it was next to the Wal-Mart decided this was the place to be. The store there was rather nice, clean but a bit cluttered and their cat section was rather large. We got them their cat box, litter, cat food and other small things like toys and treats. And also, on our second trip, we got them a small cat tree that also had a hide-y hole that they could crawl into and sleep in. The prices were a tad higher than I expected, but the quality was definitely there too. We ended up getting a Petco card, which was free, and by using it we get discounts on almost everything we purchase.

I really like how they sell their kitty litter. Instead of always having to buy a container, you can just reuse the container you already ...

• have and just fill it from this huge bin filled with their store kitty litter. For around 8 dollars, you can get enough cat litter to last about a month, so it really does make a difference especially if you have two or more cats and need to change the litter frequently. We also purchased their carrier there as well, as when they do have occasionally sales, you can pick up a large one for a very small price.

Overall, we don’t shop there a whole lot as the basic stuff like food is a bit pricey and we tend to just shop at Wal-Mart for stuff like that, but if you want specialized stuff like treats or small potted grass designed especially for cats and dogs, they definitely have the variety to choose from. I normally go in there to actually look at the cats they have set up for adoption. They are

always held in a large room that has glass panels so you can look at them, and you can tell that they are all well cared for and ready to go to a good home. If I could afford it, I’d be sure that I’d take as many of them home as I could, but I’m sure I’d be a single woman with a dozen cats as my fiance would leave me within a month!

But I do like this Petco. The people there are always very nice and they are quick to answer any questions you might have no matter what type of animal you have. If their prices were a bit lower, I’d do all my pet shopping there, but again, if I have to pick up something nice and special for my babies, then I always go there as I am sure to find what I need and something they’ll always enjoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411407759690431/k2311a0714/7.14.09