Halloween USA store  » Business  »
Gratiot Ave., Chesterfield, MI
  • Problem is, of course, that it's not year round
  • Something you might see in Martha Stewart's house, and this is definitely not the store to find those kinds of things
  • I suggest staying away from the cheap items that you think are a fantastic and fun idea BEFORE Halloween hits, as those tends to be the items that flake out before you even get the chance to really use it

• by Anasuya

Ever since I was a little girl, Halloween has been my favorite holiday, and things haven’t changed since I’ve gotten older. Every year, my husband and I go on the hunt, both before Halloween and after (for the sales of course) to find new and exciting things to decorate the inside and outside of our home. Now that we finally have a house of our own, this has become an even more important tradition to us. As such, we were thrilled to find out that a Halloween USA was opening up down the street from where we live. Problem is, of course, that it’s not year round! It’s only open from about mid Agusut until a week or two after Halloween, when they clearance all their merchandise before shipping it all off again.

This store, however, is absolutely massive! I have two teenage boys in the house, so the blood and gore of Halloween scares are the

most intriguing. They like the animatronics, which Halloween USA has in droves. If ever you want to start a private or professional haunted house, this would be the place to get your supplies. Of course, I always suggest hitting the store after the holiday has ended, when you can get everything they stock for up to 75% off (though I’ve never seen it cheaper than that).

There are two drawbacks to this store. The first is that the costumes are less than dependable. And once you buy something… anything at all… the sale is final and you cannot get a refund. I picked out a costume last year, tried it on and bought it and took it home only to find out that it had a huge tear in the back where I couldn’t see it. They didn’t have another costume like it to exchange, so I was stuck with a malfunctioning garment! I also bought a ...

• fake bat that was supposed to squeak and fly around from it’s string, and it didn’t work, but again… no refund. When we exchanged it, the second bat still didn’t work, and still no refund.

The other drawback is that the Halloween decorations might not be to everyone’s tastes. I happen to appreciate the more muted fall decorations with pumpkins and garlands and candles. Something you might see in Martha Stewart’s house, and this is definitely not the store to find those kinds of things. If it’s not scary, dark, morbid, bloody and gory, then it’s not going to be found here. However, my kids and my husband have a field day, and you CAN find excellent deals, despite some of the malfunctioning merchandise, such as their fog machines, which are better priced the day after Halloween than you’ll find anywhere else. It would be easy and inexpensive to stock up for the following year, getting great

deals and some really nice decorations.

If you like the catalogue, subtle or elegant Halloween decorations, then this isn’t the store for you. They don’t carry it. But, they do have some rather beautiful things. Their feather masks and some of their more expensive costumes are of the utmost quality and great for the more feminine Halloween fan. I suggest staying away from the cheap items that you think are a fantastic and fun idea BEFORE Halloween hits, as those tends to be the items that flake out before you even get the chance to really use it. That aside, they have a great selection of scary masks for teens and adults, and some really adorable kids costumes. If you’re having a spooky Halloween party, you can be sure to find all your party needs here as well.

Great store with LOTS of merchandise, though I wish they were a little more versatile in the TYPE of merchandise they sold.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411407759610431/k2311a0714/7.14.09