Bayside Animal Clinic
23 Mile Rd., New Baltimore MI
  • And, because of problems they've had, I wanted to find a reputable and reliable vetrinarian to take my pets to
  • The doctor inspected her and told me only one of the lumps looked troublesome and didn't beat around the bush giving me a price for a biopsy right then and there
  • It almost brought tears to my eyes that he cared so much, and thankful, our little dog is as happy and active as she ever was, so I'm glad he wasn't pushy and demanding we get the procedure done

• by Anasuya

I have two beautiful Basenji African hunting dogs, which came to me with pre-existing problems, and which are prone to numerous health issues, including but not limited to, Fanconi, which is an incurable disease of the kidney. Since a close relative to both of my dogs died of this disease, I’m always sure to test their urine with diabetes test strips as often as possible. And, because of problems they’ve had, I wanted to find a reputable and reliable vetrinarian to take my pets to. Enter, Bayside Animal Clinic.

It’s a small clinic, located right in downtown New Baltimore, not five minutes from my house. Though they aren’t an animal hospital, nor affiliated with an animal hospital (which means I can’t make emergency trips to the same doctor if need be) I still couldn’t be happier with my

vet. The first time I took my dogs in, he was genuinely excited to work with this breed, which he doesn’t get the opportunity to work with that often. I could easily see the love he had for all animals, and the happiness he received working with a more rare breed of dog (or any animal for that matter). I can walk in the door with my pets for their yearly vaccinations, and he knows their names and any pre-existing conditions they might have had. He always remembers why we were there the last time and asks about their well-being often.

I recently had to bring one of my dogs in because of a couple unusual growths. I was worried it was cancerous, and since she’s already 10 years old, I was contemplating having her put to sleep ...

• verses putting her through the trauma of surgery. The doctor inspected her and told me only one of the lumps looked troublesome and didn’t beat around the bush giving me a price for a biopsy right then and there. Though, due to her age, we opted not to have the procedure done (which would require full invasive surgery to remove and then biopsy the lump which didn’t seem to cause any discomfort), the doctor was very understanding and non-judgemental, and he didn’t try to push the procedure and gain himself, essentially, a sale, which, sadly, a lot of vets are known to do. Instead, he told us he understood our decision and, given the age of our dog, even agreed that if she wasn’t feeling pain, and was still acting and eating normally, it might be unnecessary and
        cause further duress.

A few weeks later, the vet actually called us to ask how our dog was doing. I couldn’t believe it! I’ve never had a vet call me before just to check on the wellfare of our pet. It almost brought tears to my eyes that he cared so much, and thankful, our little dog is as happy and active as she ever was, so I’m glad he wasn’t pushy and demanding we get the procedure done.

If you are disastisfied with your vet and looking for some place new to take your pets, this is the place for you. Their prices are reasonable and even beat most other places, and the staff is very affectionate to the pets and supportive of the decisions of the pet owners. An excellent animal clinic for any pet owner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291407759600431/k2311a0714/7.14.09