Cato Women’s Fashions  » Business  »
Gratiot Ave., Chesterfield MI
  • I know that because I AM a plus-sized woman, and have been for most of my life
  • Also, I've noticed a lot of stores carry, quite frankly, rather ugly clothes for plus-sized, but their regular sized clothing is so cute
  • Of course, that might also present the problem of material used in the garments, in that fall clothes are generally much heavier than summer clothes
  • Their prices are, I must say, the best part of shopping with this company

• by Anasuya

There aren’t many women in the world who don’t like to shop… except for, maybe, the plus-sized woman. I know that because I AM a plus-sized woman, and have been for most of my life. You can’t visit many of the mall stores unless they specialize in plus-size clothing. Even major clothing chains like Wal-mart, K-mart and Target have a small selection of clothes for the modern plus-size woman. It’s discouraging to walk into a store and not find anything that’s even remotely flattering. And then I stumbled across Cato shortly after I started a new job. This store was right next door, and I couldn’t wait to visit it while on my lunch break.

Though it’s a small store in that only half of the store is dedicated to plus-sized clothing (which

is nice, because it doesn’t make you feel like a fat leper while shopping!), there is a large selection of styles. Every time I go into this store, I’m always finding something new, even if I visit one day right after the next. They constantly re-arrange their merchandise so that your visit is exciting and you feel like your discovering a new treasure with every purchase. Also, I’ve noticed a lot of stores carry, quite frankly, rather ugly clothes for plus-sized, but their regular sized clothing is so cute. Not the case here. What you’ll find in the regular-sized section is the same as the plus-sized. That made me ecstatic!

The sales staff is very friendly and communicative, and they like to help you solve clothing problems or find something specific when you ask ...

• for it. Sometimes I have difficulty with finding things because they are so seasonal. During the summer, you wont find 3/4 length sleeves, which I am required to wear for work to cover my tattoos, so you have to stock up when you find the good deals during fall. Of course, that might also present the problem of material used in the garments, in that fall clothes are generally much heavier than summer clothes.

However, with that said, I’ve found that I can still find something worthwhile every time I shop there. I’ve never had a problem with a garment shrinking after washing, and the only defect I’ve run across is excessive pilling on a pair of pants I purchsed. I’ve learned, since then, it’s the fabric, and not necessarily the store, since

I’ve had this same problem purchasing pants made from the same fabric at different stores.

Their prices are, I must say, the best part of shopping with this company. They compare to Wal-mart prices, if not better during their end-of-the-season sales, and the quality is superior. I can easily spend $50 during one of these sales and walk out with at least seven different items.

Their undergarment selection is miniscule, and you’re not likely to find what you need in that department, and the shoe selection, though nice, is limited in the sizes they offer. Everything else, however, is top of the line as far as I’m concerned. If you need a place to shop where you wont feel like you’re being singled out because you are plus-size, then this is the shop for you.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411407759590331/k2311a0714/7.14.09