Fairprice Sardines in Tomato Sauce
  • I bought a few tins of Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce, the 155gm tins, when there was a promotion
  • I like to open a tin of Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce for lunch
  • The total cost of a simple meal of porridge, an egg, and Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce is not even a dollar

• by Siew Cheng Hoe

Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce (155gm) is the house brand of Fairprice supermarket. I bought a few tins of Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce, the 155gm tins, when there was a promotion.

I like a good bargain. In term of pricing, Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce is a good bargain. The normal price of a tin of 155gm Fairprice Sardines in Tomato Sauce is less than a

dollar. In addition, there is a five percent discount for all house brands, and I get to earn the rewards points, known as linkpoints, for shopping at Fairprice Supermarket. I figure all other brands of sardines in tomato sauce are at least thirty percent more expensive.

The chunks of sardines are very small, just enough for a person. I like to open a tin of Fairprice’s Sardines ...

• in Tomato Sauce for lunch. It tastes great with plain porridge. I do not find there is any difference in taste between Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce with other brands of sardines in tomato sauce. Sardines are sardines. All sardines will taste alike, regardless of which company brands the product. I rather choose the cheapest that I can find.

Even though the list of ingredients

mentions MSG, I do not feel thirsty after eating a tin of Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce. I guess the amount of MSG in a tin of sardines is too insignificant to have any adverse effect.

Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce is a very cheap product. The total cost of a simple meal of porridge, an egg, and Fairprice’s Sardines in Tomato Sauce is not even a dollar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271407759300331/k2311a0714/7.14.09