Breville Variable Heat Kettle
  • But even when I found the ingredients for the exotic teas, I found that I couldn’t brew them easily or properly, in an authentic way, because of the varied temperatures needed
  • The Breville Variable Heat Kettle has become my favourite gift ever
  • I noticed right away the difference in the green tea I try to drink every day-the flavour is so much richer when it is brewed without boiling the water

• by Jessie Bahrey

I never would have believed that I would become a tea drinker, but lately, with all the news about tea having so many health benefits, I have become a tea connoisseur. It began on a trip to Morocco, where I fell in love with mint tea. Since then, I have become a fan of green tea, black tea, Lebanese tea and Persian tea.

I carefully copied out or printed numerous tea recipes, and searched for some of the obscure ones in specialty shops. But even when I found the ingredients for the exotic teas, I found that I couldn’t brew

them easily or properly, in an authentic way, because of the varied temperatures needed.

Many of the exotic teas should not be brewed with boiling water because their flavours will be ruined; I don’t really understand this, but when I tried to brew mint tea, it never tasted like it did in Morocco. I just couldn’t get to my kettle before it boiled, and it was always such a hassle to get the temperature right, so I soon just gave up trying the international teas.

Then I received a gift that changed my tea brewing forever.

The Breville Variable Heat Kettle ...

• has become my favourite gift ever.

I have since found out that it costs a bundle, $150, but it is not only useful, but it is very pretty, and it matches my stainless steel appliances nicely, so it actually looks good on my kitchen counter. This kettle is an electric kettle, but it is so much more.

It has 5 temperature settings, so pretty much any type of tea you want to make can be brewed the way it is supposed to be brewed. I noticed right away the difference in the green tea I try to drink every day-the

flavour is so much richer when it is brewed without boiling the water.

I also notice the difference in the mint and black teas. My very favourite feature, however, is a button that keeps the water at the temperature of your choice for 20 minutes! This allows me to have multiple cups of tea or change my mind and have a different variety of tea later.

I am extremely fond of my Breville Variable Heat Kettle; not only does it looks stylish and classy, unlike other kettles, but it performs functions that allow you to brew a variety of types of teas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161307759080531/k2311a0713/7.13.09