Rockreation Indoor Climbing Gym
11866 La Grange Ave Los Angeles, CA 90025-5280
  • I found that I do not go enough to make up for how much I pay
  • They talk to you on the same level and do not have that feeling of you have to be the best climber in order to go here
  • I would also recommend their classes for anyone looking to learn to climb
  • I think the staff is wonderful and you would really learn a lot from them

• by RedLizard

Rockreation Indoor Climbing Gym is a great place for climbers of all levels to go and have fun or learn some new moves.

It is located on the west side of LA right by the 10 freeway. It is easy to get to and park. There is plenty of street parking. Their lot can fill up as it is only a few designated spaces for their business. The street parking is also free. How great is that in LA!

>From the moment I walked in to the minute I left when we were done I knew I had found a great new climbing gym. I really like that there

are multiple areas to climb. They have a bouldering spot, top rope, and for more experienced climbers they have a lead climbing section. I’m pretty happy with the variety of climbs they offer and how frequently they change out the courses.

The gym its self is well maintained and so is the equipment. the shoes and harnesses are in great condition. I feel very safe in their harnesses. They are NOT the belt kind that wrap around you like some places offer.

Their prices are also fair. It’s might be a little more than your used to for an afternoon activity but it is well worth the time.

• If you are not an avid climber I would suggest against getting the monthly pass. I found that I do not go enough to make up for how much I pay. If you go at least 1once a week you are climbing more than you paid for so it’s a great deal. Just make sure you will be able to get to the gym on a regular basis.

the staff is another thing I love about Rockreation. They talk to you on the same level and do not have that feeling of you have to be the best climber in order to go here. They are easy

to talk to and get information from. I would also recommend their classes for anyone looking to learn to climb. I think the staff is wonderful and you would really learn a lot from them. they are very easy to talk to and ask questions if you have any.

So other than not going enough to even out the price of a monthly pass I think this is a great indoor gym to try out. Head on over to Rockreation for a great afternoon of climbing. Also the regulars are very friendly and will usually be willing to give you a hand on some of the harder climbs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341307759070531/k2311a0713/7.13.09