Crayola Pip Squeaks markers  » Other  »
  • I must also mention that it started fading out after hours of intense coloring, so in my opinion it withstood much more than an average marker would in its lifetime
  • Nevertheless, I think since these fun-sized, high-quality markers are created for recreational purposes, they are likely to please anyone who is looking simply to color

• by rooferz

I have bought this pack of 16 washable mini-markers in Target about one year ago. I was looking for inexpensive (yet reliable) markers to color my art project. I chose this package because of the extended color variety offered.

It had twice as much different colored markers as the common 8 marker packs. The colors and the unique names Crayola has given them are: Leprechaun Green (green), Golden Nugget (orange), Raspberry Squirt (pink), Petite Rose (magenta), Tiny Plum (dark purple), Teensy Teal (teal), Rain Drop Blue (light blue), Copper Penny (copper), Dinky Pink (light pink), Firefly Red (red), Toy Poodle Black (black), Mini Brown (brown), Kitten Gray (gray), Little Lemon (yellow), Sweet Violet (light

purple/ violet), Little Boy Blue (dark blue).

The markers themselves are half the size of a regular marker. I was worried that because of such small size it would be uncomfortable for me to use them due to the side of my hand constantly rubbing the paper I was coloring.

However, the removable cap of the markers came in handy because once attached to the marker’s end, the cap extended the size of the marker making it comfortable for me to color for a long time without getting my hands dirty. I was also afraid that because these markers were so small, they would not be very durable and dry out or run out ...

• of ink right away.

While 15 of the original colors still posses their color today, red (which was the color I relied on most heavily), began drying out the very first day. When I tested out all the colors today, the color red was the only one of the colors that showed any sign of fading.

This, however, can be explained by the fact that I used this color in my art project most, perhaps even five times more than the other colors. I must also mention that it started fading out after hours of intense coloring, so in my opinion it withstood much more than an average marker would in its lifetime.

These

markers are also very washable. When I accidentally got some ink on my hand, it only took a few seconds in soapy water before it came off.

Still, the color looks very vibrant on paper. If being extremely picky, I must warn that the yellow is very bright to the point of being highlighter-colored; but on the other hand, the orange is a bit dull.

Nevertheless, I think since these fun-sized, high-quality markers are created for recreational purposes, they are likely to please anyone who is looking simply to color. Also, I think the small size and the cutesy names of these markers would attract young kids and even make it even be more comfortable for them to hold.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121207758670631/k2311a0712/7.12.09