Autism Answer Book  » Books  »
By William Stillman ISBN 978-1-4022-0977-2
  • I can honestly say that this book has been one of my best resources in helping my child get a proper diagnosis

• by Lynn Moll

Seven years ago, my son was born three months premature. Doctors did not think he would survive past his first twenty-four hours because of how frail he was, but when he did survive, the same doctors explained to my husband and me that our son would most probably have “severe developmental delays” for the rest of his life. He was truly my family’s tiny miracle!

My husband and I had made it our main goal to help our son in any

way that we could. We started off by seeing numerous doctors and specialists to get help. Instead of getting the help we were so desperately seeking, we received a label of “mental retardation”. We just knew our son and knew the so called experts were wrong and it was left to us to find an answer to help our baby! I turned to the internet and started my own research. After researching many of my son’s symptoms ...

• and behaviors, I kept getting pointed in the same direction…Autism!

I went to my local library and borrowed this book: Autism Answer Book by William Stillman, all I could say about this book is WOW! This was such an awesome resource that I went to the bookstore and purchased my very own copy!

This book is filled with more than 300 of the top questions that parents ask about autism and guess what…you get an easy to understand answer!

This book is an

excellent resource to learn exactly what autism is, how to get a proper diagnosis, treatment options, communication differences, sensory sensitivities, school successes and more.

I can honestly say that this book has been one of my best resources in helping my child get a proper diagnosis. I turn to this book frequently to get advice on how to handle certain behaviors when I feel lost and need help.

This is truly an awesome resource that offers much needed help to many parents of children with autism!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171207758620631/k2311a0712/7.12.09