Hou Mei Noodle House  » Restaurants  »
Level 2, First World Plaza, Genting Highlands, Pahang Darul Makmur, Malaysia
  • I prefer plain chicken, rather the roasted chicken
  • Unfortunately, the chicken meat is always cold
  • I think Hou Mei Noodle House cooks the chicken far in advance before lunch hour
  • I like the chicken rice in Hou Mei Noodle House much better than all the restaurants selling chicken rice

• by Siew Cheng Hoe

Since I purchase the 500 RM (ringgits) slot package, I am given two 10 RM (ringgits) meal vouchers. Hou Mei Noodle House accepts the voucher to exchange for chicken rice meal. The chicken rice meal comes with a soup, and a cup of Chinese tea. I prefer plain chicken, rather the roasted chicken. The chicken is meaty and tasty. I can smell the sesame oil and the garlic. Unfortunately, the

chicken meat is always cold.

I think Hou Mei Noodle House cooks the chicken far in advance before lunch hour. I much prefer hot chicken with hot rice, and hot spicy chili sauce.

I like the chicken rice in Hou Mei Noodle House much better than all the restaurants selling chicken rice.

Ironically, I find the chicken rice much better than any signature noodle that Hou Mei Noodle House sells. I tried the ...

• signature noodle once, but did not like the taste. It is as tasty as those instant noodles that I can cook at home.

The chairs in Hou Mei Noodle House are not comfortable. I think Hou Mei Noodle House does not like us to linger too long in the restaurant, since Hou Mei Noodle House is just opposite the casino. The casino management wants us to finish our food, and rush into the casino.

There

are only two kinds of desserts, the Gui Ling Gao, and the mango pudding. I like the Gui Ling Gao better, especially with lots and lots of honey. The mango pudding is just plain mango pudding, but Gui Ling Gao is good, can almost taste the cooling effects of all the herbs.

The service is good. The service crew is fast and efficient. The chicken rice usually comes within three minutes of ordering.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71207758110531/k2311a0712/7.12.09