The Body Shop Hot Brights Lips and Cheeks Stain  » Cosmetics  »
  • I generally wear much less makeup generally, usually just sunscreen and some eye makeup, but given my schedule lately, I found myself to be much less tanned than I usually am at this time of year, so I went looking for some blush that was natural-looking, would stay on in the heat, and would give my face some colour until I got a bit of colour naturally
  • I ended up at The Body Shop, because I love their products, and soon spotted an interesting-looking product
  • It was a glow instead of an actual colour, which I love

• by Jessie Bahrey

With the summer heating up, the search for beauty products for this weather for me always includes looking for waterproof products that are still gentle on my skin but will stay on during the really hot days. I generally wear much less makeup generally, usually just sunscreen and some eye makeup, but given my schedule lately, I found myself to be much less tanned than I usually am at this time of year, so I went looking for some blush that was natural-looking, would stay on in the heat, and would give my face some colour until I got a bit of colour naturally. I ended up at The Body Shop, because I love their products, and soon

spotted an interesting-looking product.

Hot Brights Lips and Cheeks Stain is a tube with an applicator on each end, one with a lip gloss and the other with a cheek stain. I took a closer look, because at $20, to get two products in one is a great deal in my books.

I have actually never tried a ‘stain,’ as I have always used a powder blush, so I asked the salesperson about it. She said that a stain lasts longer on the skin than a powder, and so it practically waterproof, but that it isn’t harsh on sensitive skin.

She also said that, contrary to what I had heard, it does not go on too dark or ...

• look unnatural, if you blend it well. She showed me the ingredients of this product, which include Vitamin E, aloe vera, and silk extract, so as with all The Body Shop products, it is very good for the skin.

I chose the bronze shade, as opposed to the pink shade, because she said these shades will complement all skin tones.

I have to say that the cheek stain scared me a bit, but the next day, I applied a small amount and blended it in with my fingers.

I loved it! It was really natural-looking, even over my usual moisturizer. It was a glow instead of an actual colour, which I love.

I then applied the gloss, which

went on smoothly and felt light, not thick and heavy like so many glosses. The colour was also very subtle.

So, I went about my day, which included a walk in the hot sun, a lot of stress, and much sweating as well. And the stain and gloss stayed on.

The gloss was durable, and I only re-applied after eating. The cheek stain did not budge at all, and at the end of the day, I still had to take it off when I washed my face.

This is a great product, and the value is excellent given that it is a dual product. The Body Shop Hot Brights Lips and Cheeks Stain is a wonderful addition to anyone’s beauty routine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311107757481231/k2311a0711/7.11.09