Almay’s Smart Shade liquid foundation
  • I have it in light/medium shade and at the time I thought it was the coolest product out there, then everyone else started coming out with their own version
  • I'm not a big makeup person and my biggest problem is trying to find the right shade of foundation for me
  • I would recommend this product to anyone that has a hard time finding the right shade of foundation for their skin, or for anyone who's skin changes with the seasons

• by Liberty

I’ve been using Smart Shade liquid foundation probably ever since Almay first came out with it. I have it in light/medium shade and at the time I thought it was the coolest product out there, then everyone else started coming out with their own version. Still, nothing is quite like the first. This product costs about $9 and can be found at an drug store, Wal-Mart and Target.

Almay’s Smart Shade liquid foundation starts out white but has tiny dark specks in it, I’m guessing that’s their “shade-sensing technology”, and it gradually changes color to match that of your skin. Smart

Shade has antioxidants like grape seed, ginseng and ginkogo Bilbo that serves to nurture your skin, and it has an SPF 15. I really couldn’t have asked more from a foundation.

I was skeptical about this product at first, it sounded too good to be true but at the time I was working at Walgreens as a beauty advisor so I’d get free samples and discounts to try products out. I was amazed that it really did everything that it said it would. I’m not a big makeup person and my biggest problem is trying to find the right shade of ...

• foundation for me. It gets really confusing when brands offer too many options. When Almay came out with their Smart Shade liquid foundation it took all the guess work out of finding the right shade for me.

The texture is very light, like a moisturizer but not oily. It also feels light on the skin and breathable. Normally with other liquid foundations I’ve had problems with it looking unnatural and cakey. I hate having heavy makeup on my face too because once you reach a certain age that heaviness will gradually pull on you skin making it sag, especially if you

use it on the sensitive skin around your eyes. The last thing I want is to use makeup that makes me age prematurely.

I’m in my late twenties now and I’ve been using Almay’s Smart Shade liquid foundation since my early twenties. The texture of my skin has changed around my chin but this product still works as well for me as it did the first time I tried it. It gives good, natural looking coverage. I would recommend this product to anyone that has a hard time finding the right shade of foundation for their skin, or for anyone who’s skin changes with the seasons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311107757081131/k2311a0711/7.11.09