Simethicone gel capsules(Equate) for gas relief  » Medicine  »
  • However when I was about to replenish my stock I found there were capsules available also and that these were cheaper than the tablets (chewable tabs)
  • I paid about $5 for a packet of 30 softgel caplsules -Equate, ultra strength

• by aluken
      Simethicone is the generic name for Oval which can be bought without prescription and is effective for gas relief. I used oval chewable tablets for gas relief many times and usually keep this on hand.

However when I was about to replenish my stock

I found there were capsules available also and that these were cheaper than the tablets (chewable tabs.

) I paid about $5 for a packet of 30 softgel caplsules -Equate, ultra strength.

Each tablet contains 180mg of simethicone and the recommended dose is one capsule ...

• after meals and at bedtime for adults.

I usually use just one capsule per day for gas relief when neccessary and it is works just as effectively as the chewable and sometimes seems even faster.

I do not have to taste that chalkyness like

the tablets and it is small so swallows easily.

Thus one Equate packet of 30 gel capsules will most likely last me 2-3 months.

I am pleased with this product and will now continue to buy Equate simethicone capsules instead of the chewables.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620875700431/k2311a082/8.2.06