Etsy.com  » Web sites  »
  • Getting started as a seller with this marketplace is very easy, but I do highly recommend to read through the selling frequently asked question sections very carefully before you sign up to begin selling with this website to be sure that you are aware of the website’s terms of use before you begin
  • I have listed a few items that I have made with this site and have made a few extra dollars just by selling some items that I enjoy making in my spare time as a hobby

• by Lynn Moll

This is an online marketplace where people can buy and sell homemade items. You can also find vintage items and crafting supplies within this unique marketplace.

This online community enables people to earn an income by creating things and connecting the buyers to the creators.

frequently asked question sections very carefully before you sign up to begin selling with this website to be sure that you are aware of the website’s terms of use before you begin.

Opening a shop is free and unlike some other sites, there are no set-up fees or monthly fees. However, there are listing fees associated with listing an item but it is very nominal ...

• compared to other websites that I have come across. For a listing of one item, the fee is only twenty cents for a four month listing and five images are included! When the item sells, there will also be an additional 3.5% fee of the final sale price due to Etsy.

If you are looking for a way to make an income selling some

of your handmade items, I highly recommend checking out Etsy! I have listed a few items that I have made with this site and have made a few extra dollars just by selling some items that I enjoy making in my spare time as a hobby! I am sure others that are more serious can and do make a better more steady income!

Etsy.com
    7hereviewer gmail.com says :

re : I have listed a few items that I have made with this site and have made a few extra dollars just by selling some items that I enjoy making in my spare time as a hobby
    I am just like you , I craft in my spare time but unlike you I have never tried to sell anything. I saw that you recommend Etsy for selling crafts but I saw there were so many people who have high rankings and a lot of items, so although I am thinking about opening my own store on Etsy on the other hand I am kind a skeptical because I doubt people will notice my crafts in the sea of other people’s crafts. Do you have any advice? Should I go under the price in order to make my items more appealing? Sometimes going under the price is counterproductive. I just wanted an opeinion from someone who sold on Etsy. Thank you

Lynn Moll replies :

Hello,
    when I first came across Etsy, I would casually list items that I made a sat back waiting for a sale. I would sell from time to time, but I didn’t sell much or on a consistence basis. I just recently decided to give it another try. I will say I have been more successful this time around, however it takes time and effort. You can not just list your items and sit back and wait for a sale. I work hard at it everyday to get my listings seen. To be successful, you need to create great listings and have good quality photos. While under pricing might give you short term success, most Etsy (including me ) sellers will tell you that you will not see long-term success and most shops that do this are not around very long. Many factors go into pricing and sometimes buyers are off-put by cheap prices because they will think the quality isn’t there.

My best advice to you is that if you are truly interested in selling your crafts online, to take sometime to ready over Etsy’s policies and handbook. You will find a wealth of information. There are also many facebook groups to help new sellers. Just keep in mind that this is not get rich quick, you need to really put hard work and time into your shop.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

Thank you for your reply, it means a lot. I did not know that there was a handbook, I will definitely read it. I know it is not a get rich scheme, I am not even making crafts that could make me rich, I just thought it would be so cool to sell something sometimes and save that for new projects or something fun. Thanks for sharing. I really like etsy and I like the fact that people take it seriously.

Lynn Moll replies :

Your welcome I wish you the best If you need additional help, I will try to help you :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201007756880831/k2311a0710/7.10.09