Baskin Robbins Ice Cream San Diego CA  » Restaurants  »
2.0
5501 Balboa Avenue, San Diego CA
  • The service issue may only be at this location at Balboa Ave in San Diego but the ice cream is a company wide issue
  • After the first one, I thought it might be a fluke so I ordered the same thing another time and got the same result

• by lawyer1laurie

I also look forward to the warm summer months so I can visit all my favorite ice cream places. Baskin Robbins happens to be within walking distance from my house so I often take a walk over there at night.

The last few times though I have been very dissappointed with both the service and the ice cream and won’t be going back.

The service issue may only be at this location at Balboa Ave in San Diego but the ice cream is a company wide issue.

First, whenever I go there, there are never enough employees working. I went this past Saturday (a busy Saturday on a holiday

weekend) and only two people were working and one of them was in training so really only one person was working. I had a family of about six people ahead of me who all wanted some fancy sundae so it took forever!!!!! Several customers who came in after me left without ordering because it was taking too long. This wasn’t an isolated case. I never go when I am in a hurry because it takes SO!!! LONG. Also, you may want to bring cash. Although the store takes debit/creditcards, the machine they use is ancient and it takes another five minutes to ...

• process a credit/debit transaction.

Now for the ice cream. Baskin Robbins does have a lot of different flavors and the scooped ice cream is really good but I have ordered a milkshake on two different occassions and it was gross both times. After the first one, I thought it might be a fluke so I ordered the same thing another time and got the same result. It was warm and very runny. It tasted like milk with whip cream on it.

Also, overall the prices are high for the quantity you receive. A single scoop of ice cream is $2.50 but the cone is

small. You can go to Riteaid next door and get a heaping two scoop cone for $1.50. Speciality Sundaes run about $5.00 and aren’t nearly as good as a sundae at Ben & Jerry’s which costs the same.

Baskin Robbins is also not a great place to go with large groups or young kids who want to sit and eat the ice cream there. All the Baskin Robbins I have been too including the one on Balboa Ave are very small and only have two-three small tables that fit two maybe three people.

There are a million ice cream shops around so I would suggest going elsewhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71007756860831/k2311a0710/7.10.09