Cadillac Records (R, 2008)  » Movies  »
  • Unfortunately, it was just very hard to see past her Beyonce persona
  • I think an unknown actor would have had more of an impact in the film
  • And I found that I wanted to see more, not because the film was poorly executed—but because it was actually entertaining
  • But you will be disappointed if you hinge your enjoyment of the film on her particular role

• by Famous

After hearing the hype about Beyonce being in this movie, I can’t say that I was itching to go see it. With all due respect to Beyonce, her acting abilities have left a little to be desired. In any event, I was surprised to realize that her role in the movie is pretty short.

She does a fairly good job. I can actually tell that

Beyonce put her all into the movie.

Unfortunately, it was just very hard to see past her Beyonce persona. I think an unknown actor would have had more of an impact in the film.

But aside from that, “Cadillac Records” was actually pretty well put together. The ensemble cast seemed to really embrace their roles.

The clear star of the film here is Jeffrey ...

• Wright, who portrays Muddy Waters. I didn’t know much about Waters before watching “Cadillac Records.

” But I have more respect for what blues players went through on the chitlin’ circuit before they hit the big time. During those times, trying to entertain the masses in segregated establishments had to put a strain on being a black musician.

The action in the film was fairly authentic.

And I found that I wanted to see more, not because the film was poorly executed—but because it was actually entertaining.

Kudos to the director. Don’t rent this movie if you’re just hooked on Beyonce.

Her role was not pivotal, and she does a fairly good job. But you will be disappointed if you hinge your enjoyment of the film on her particular role.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111007756840831/k2311a0710/7.10.09