Tom’s of Maine Natural Care Natural Deodorant Body Bar Lemongrass  » Cosmetics  »
  • However, they don’t like using body washes, so it was bar soap that turned out to be just the ticket

• by Michigan_Mother

When my boys started karate I didn’t realize quite how much sweat they were going to work up. At ages nine and eleven they have just begun using deodorant and aren’t totally compliant. I started looking around for other solutions. However, they don’t like using body washes, so it was bar soap that turned out to be just the ticket. We purchased Tom’s of Maine lemongrass natural deodorant body bar, and now the entire family uses it as our regular soap instead of Dove because we love it so much.

Tom’s of Maine Natural Deodorant Body Bar has sage and lemongrass in

it, which both help deodorize and keep things feeling and smelling fresh. The bar will soap up and create a fun, frothy lather probably because of the coconut and palm ingredients. My kids like that because they feel if it doesn’t foam up and make bubbles, it isn’t getting you clean. The soap also smells great, but it is a light scent that is unobtrusive, like taking a walk outdoors and catching the scent of a plant and then it’s gone again.

With regular daily use of the soap, my boys actually haven’t had to use underarm deodorant, which is nice because they ...

• tend to have sensitive skin. In our family less is more. I have also found that it has decreased the amount of panty and groin area sweat I was experiencing. I am a heavy woman, and when I wear jeans outdoors in the summer I tend to get sweat patches where thigh meets pelvis. This can get irritating. However, I haven’t been experiencing that effect anymore since I started using the Tom’s of Maine Natural Deodorant Body Bar each morning with my shower. So, it also seems to have some sweat reduction properties.

We regularly visit the health food stores, but have been

able to find Tom’s of Maine products more inexpensive in our grocery store and at Target. The bar lasts a long time too, so it is actually less expensive than deodorant in the long run. We tend to leave the bars of lemongrass soap in the shower, and they don’t seem to get all gloppy and stuck to the shelves like other bar soaps we’ve used, which is a very pleasant thing. My kids like the light fresh scent so much, we’ve recently replaced all our bar soaps on the bathroom counters with Tom’s of Maine Natural Care Deodorant Body Bar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311007756520731/k2311a0710/7.10.09