Chowking in SM North Edsa, Quezon City Philippines
SM North Edsa, Quezon City Philippines
  • I have to admit that I love the new look of Chowking at SM North Edsa--it looks really earthly with its soft hues and modern at the same time
  • The food was fine except that I don't like the sweet dunking sauce of the chicken supreme
  • In order to minimize cost, it is obvious that Chowking is scrimping on ingredients--no shrimp for the noodles, smaller siomai and buchi, and no table napkins unless you requested it

• by guinevere

Last Monday, my husband and our kids went to SM North Edsa for some work related activity. Lunch time came and we decided to try Chowking’s new chicken supreme lauriat. Different from the regular fried chicken, Chowking’s new chicken supreme is not coated in crispy batter. It actually looks like a copycat of the ever memorable Max’s fried chicken. It seems like the chicken is boiled and seasoned and deep fried. Chicken supreme is served with a sweet dunking sauce which differentiates it from Max’s

which is eaten with ketchup and chili sauce.

Anyway, there were few customers on the counter and I was able to order within three minutes after arriving at the store. My husband and two kids settled at a nearby table. I have to admit that I love the new look of Chowking at SM North Edsa–it looks really earthly with its soft hues and modern at the same time. I love the cushioned seating which can accomodate all four of us. My kids are aged ...

• 3 and 2.

However, what I did not appreciate was the long wait. The food arrived around 30 mins after we ordered. The food was fine except that I don’t like the sweet dunking sauce of the chicken supreme. In order to minimize cost, it is obvious that Chowking is scrimping on ingredients–no shrimp for the noodles, smaller siomai and buchi, and no table napkins unless you requested it. I asked the waiter if he could possible provide us with a concoction of soy sauce

and lemon. He came back with a packet of this yet I wonder how he expects us to use it because he did not bring any saucer. It should be logical that when a customer asks for dipping sauce while dining inside the store’s premises, it means that a saucer is needed.

Anyway, overall experience is fine. Having to take photos of stores, I left my husband and two kids inside the store for an hour. The Chowking crews were considerate enough to let them stay for that long.

April says :

Chowking always discourage customers in ordering meals other than almuchows in the morning. They will tell you that it will take 15-20min waiting time if your order is not almuchow. But what happened to me is that I still waited 20min before my order was served. My order beef tapa was not even worth the price, it has very small serving. They even prioritized the also disappointed woman who also ordered beef tapa for take out, even I ordered 5min earlier than her (for dine in). Very bad service for chowking. I experience this at Chowking Pasig-Pioneer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71007756360731/k2311a0710/7.10.09