PS2: Project Zero
  • I think their main aim is to scare the players

• by Yanjun
      I have not had the chance to play much games in the past two months as I was having my semester examination. Anyway, right after that, I went to Blockbuster to rent some movies and games. I came across this game I’ve been hearing so much about, it’s called Project Zero. I’ve heared alot people saying that it’s really scary and many of them don’t dare to play. Well, I’m kind of curious about supernatural, so I thought, “heck it! Just borrow it!” In the past, I’ve played a couple of scary games(none like this though).

One of the most recent one is the FEAR, it’s a first person shooter game, it’s pretty good. So I tried the game out immediately when

I reached home. It’s about a pair of siblings, who have the ability to see supernatural stuff(6th sense). And there is a haunted mansion wich have a story behind it.

Story of the Haunted Mansion: For centuries, a traditional clan/family, use it for ritual rites which involve the use the black magic. However, it seems that something happened and all of the family member died. So far, the house have been emptied for decades. You have to investigate as well as little information of the rituals have been recorded.

This is where you(the character, Miku Hinasaki) comes in. You play the sister, in search for your brother(Mafuyu Hinasaki). Your brother, initially went after a man(Junsei Takamine) who is a famous novelist and ...

• his mentor. There’s two other character, Takamine’s editor & the editor’s assistant.

They all went into the mansion and have not been seen since. This game is unlike any other games. It’s in a complete different zone from FEAR. FEAR is not so scary in the sense that you have your rifle and guns.

However, in this game, you would have to use a camera(an antique one!) However, I thought this game was really cool! I mean, the first time I played this game, my eyes was glued on the screen. And before I knew it, two hours have passed! Some of the spirits were quite scary. I remember there was once when I opening the door. The ghost appeared unexpectedly in

front of me.

It have elongated mouth, looks really freaky. And another time, a baby ghost just ran across the room in sonic speed. I was playing it at night, alone with no lights. That was the final straw.

I saved the game and turned of the ps2 immediately. I think their main aim is to scare the players. And frankly, I think they have done well. I have to remind you guys that this game is NOT for weak hearts.

Try this game if you love watching horror movie(and not scream during the movie). There’s really nothing to bad about this game in my aspect. I was just hoping for a little more agility and more movements with the characters. And perhaps they have a little of other weapons, such as the tailisman.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2820875630331/k2311a082/8.2.06