Shima Japanese Restaurant, Singapore  » Restaurants  »
Goodwood Park Hotel, 22 Scotts Road, Singapore
  • They were delicious, really authentic Japanese cuisine
  • I very much enjoyed the dinner, and certainly impressed with the restaurant

• by Mark Williams

During one of my recent visits to Singapore on a business trip, a Singaporean associate of mine invited me for a dinner. He told me that he would take me to a very special Japanese restaurant in a very nice hotel. He really meant what he said.

It was at Goodwood Park Hotel on Scotts Road. It was a

very nice hotel, located in the business district of the City, just a few minutes from the famous Orchard Road.

And the restaurant, Shima Japanese Restaurant, was certainly very special too. I was very imrpessed with the restaurant as we walked in, beautifully furnished and well laid out.

I could sense the Japanese hospitality and the perfection of the management ...

• right away. I told my associate that he had really brought me to a very special restaurant.

The menu had a long list of authentic Japanese cuisine. We chose our favorites, tempura, sushi, sashimi, shabu-shabu, and ofcourse with the typical miso soup.

They were delicious, really authentic Japanese cuisine. The service was excellent

too.

The waiters were just so courteous and hospital, giving all the attention to the guests’ wishes. I very much enjoyed the dinner, and certainly impressed with the restaurant.

My thanks and appreciation to my associate for choosing the place for the dinner. I look forward to having authentic Japanese dinner at the Shima Restaurant during my next vist to Singapore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71007756150731/k2311a0710/7.10.09