Midas Auto Repair  » Cars  »
0.5
2360 Alpine Grand Rapids, Mi
  • I had had this problem about two years previous and it was not cheap

• by Sol Black

After leaving the bank one day, I got in my car and tried to start it. No luck. The ignition would not even turn. I had had this problem about two years previous and it was not cheap. I called Midas and told them about my situation. I also informed them that I had had this problem before. I let them know the diagnosis and what was needed to fix the problem the

last time. The owner, who handled my call, sounded very friendly and told me to have the car towed in.

I had the car towed in to the shop for fifty dollars that night and dropped the key in the early bird slot with a note attached. I waited all day for the shop to tell me what was happening with my car. Finally, they called me back to tell me that they ...

• did not have anyone at that location qualified to disassemble a steering column! I couldn’t believe it. I had explained what was happening with my car before I brought it and ignition problem often require that the steering column be taken apart. After I brought this to the owner’s attention his friendly attitude turn rude very quickly. He had no explanation for why he told me to bring the car in when he
        knew full well that it was highly likely that he could fix it. He also refused when I asked him to pay the tow charge to another location

In the end I had to tow my car to another auto repair shop adding and extra fifty dollars to a very expensive repair. The business practice of the particular Midas was truly unprofessional and unethical. I would urge anyone considering taking their car there to steer clear away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91007756070731/k2311a0710/7.10.09