Pioneer VSX-D 814 Receiver  » Electronics  »
3.8
  • I noticed that it can even delay the sound especially if I am listening at a very close range whether right to left or back to front etc. This is essential when I watch a movie that uses prologic or dolby digital to make a surround sound to match the action/drama on the television screen
  • I found out that using this feature can give a substantial power to drive the rear and center channels
  • The power output was great and I never encounter any problem with it
  • I like the different sound modes it gives on my DVD's even if it is a none dolby digital or prologic but still it sounds fantastic

• by angelray

Its good thing to know that I am very satisfied with my Pioneer receiver after more than a year since I purchased it. In todays digital world almost every electronic products has HDMI inputs which I find critical with the kind of technology we have right now. The unit also has coaxial digital and optical input of sound as well.

The unit comes with a very easy to use remote which is good. The remote does everything from basic to a much complicated functions that you will discover

as you go along using the receiver.

Another wonderful feature is the automatic calibration of sound. With just one simple plug of the microphone then put in my favorite listening position and the receiver itself will make a series of evaluation or test of tones through the speakers. Then after that the system will automatically equalized to match the sounds it hears.

I noticed that it can even delay the sound especially if I am listening at a very close range whether right to left or back ...

• to front etc. This is essential when I watch a movie that uses prologic or dolby digital to make a surround sound to match the action/drama on the television screen.

The Pioneer receiver also has what you call pre amp features for all the sound outputs for my chosen channel which I only use for the left and right speakers. I found out that using this feature can give a substantial power to drive the rear and center channels.

When it comes to amplifier section I find

it stable enough and blends well with the speakers. The power output was great and I never encounter any problem with it. I like the different sound modes it gives on my DVD’s even if it is a none dolby digital or prologic but still it sounds fantastic.

All in all, Pioneer VSX-D 814 receiver is great electronic product and I was really satisfied with all the wonderful features that comes with it . If you are looking for a receiver you better try this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16907754820231/k2311a079/7.9.09