Sun Mountain SLX Golf Bag  » Sport  »
  • The colours I like (I know how lame that is) were all heavier bags as well, but all of the models had many more compartments than my old bag
  • He brought me to one bag that I hadn’t tried out because it was green, my very least favourite colour, and it is a brand I knew nothing about-Sun Mountain
  • Also, I noticed right away that there is a rubber handle on the top of the bag, which is another one of the things I hated about my old bag, as I always look for a handle at the top of the bag to lift it
  • I was worried that this bag must cost a lot, but it was actually priced lower than most of the others at $150
  • I have only golfed twice since I bought my new bag, and it has made my life easier on the course

• by Jessie Bahrey

I golf rarely and poorly, so I do not spend money on my golf equipment often. My clubs and bag were purchased second-hand, and the only purchases I have ever made were a hybrid, shoes and golf balls. I do not enjoy the game enough to spend a lot of time at it, and I usually play about 8 times a year, usually because my husband has no one else to golf with or the course is in a beautiful location. Even then, I only barely tolerate the game. The last time I played, my old bag literally fell apart-one of the straps broke, and as I always walk when I play rather than cart, I needed to get a new one. My old bag

was a basic, heavy one with only 4 compartments, so the only thing I knew I wanted when I went to look for a new bag was one that was light and had more compartments and good straps.

A week or so later, on my husband’s insistence, we went to the nearest golf store. I had a feeling he knew I would use my broken bag as an excuse to never golf again, and he was probably right. There were just too many bags for me to make a choice, so my husband helped me examine all of them. I also got to lift and carry them as well, so I could find one that worked for my game.

The big name brands like Nike and Callaway were the bags I tried out first. They had lots of compartments, but they weren’t very light and they were also more expensive than many of the others. The colours I like (I know how lame that is) were all heavier bags as well, but all of the models had many more compartments than my old bag. As I was lifting them, the salesperson asked if he could help, so I asked him which bag was the very lightest. He brought me to one bag that I hadn’t tried out because it was green, my very least favourite colour, and it is a brand I knew nothing about-Sun Mountain. However, I lifted it and was shocked at how light it is-the lightest I have ever ...

• Sun Mountain SLX Golf Bag
      lifted. The salesperson told me that it weighs less than four pounds! I was more than impressed. Also, I noticed right away that there is a rubber handle on the top of the bag, which is another one of the things I hated about my old bag, as I always look for a handle at the top of the bag to lift it. Already happy with these features, the salesperson also mentioned that the bag is all waterproof, even all of the pockets and compartments, which is a great selling point given that I live in a rainy place. There are also many pockets and seven compartments, which is plenty for all of my clubs and all my golfing accessories, sunglasses, spare jackets, hats, sunscreen,
      and the many other necessities I carry with me. I was worried that this bag must cost a lot, but it was actually priced lower than most of the others at $150. I bought the bag, despite the green colour, and I am very happy I did.

I have only golfed twice since I bought my new bag, and it has made my life easier on the course. The legs kick out very quickly, which is a wonderful feature, and the water bottle holder is located at the top of the bag, so I can get to it quickly and easily. While my golf game has not really improved, the Sun Mountain SLX golf bag has some great features that make me much happier while golfing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35907754330131/k2311a079/7.9.09