Knorr 30 Minute Marinades Sesame Ginger  » Food  »
  • I have a package of four flavours but the first one I tried was the Sesame Ginger with Mandarin Orange Juice and I was quite impressed
  • I know that typically the longer you marinade a cheaper cut of beef, the more tender and flavourful the meat and I meant to put the marinade and the meat together in the morning
  • I will definitely be buying this Knorr marinade again and am anxious to try the three other flavours I have in the cupboard

• by marleymauve
      I tried the Knorr 30 Minute Marinades Yesterday. I have a package of four flavours but the first one I tried was the Sesame Ginger with Mandarin Orange Juice and I was quite impressed. I know that typically the longer you marinade a cheaper cut of beef, the more tender and flavourful the meat and I meant to put the marinade and the meat together in the morning.

Although the bottle says ‘30 minute marinade’ I figured the longer

the better. I forgot all about it and at two o’clock the meat was still in my freezer.

I was about to forego the stirfry for dinner plans and make something else but really had my heart set on a stirfry so decided to give it a try anyway. I put two steaks on my defrosting tray for a bit and then marinaded them for 45 minutes in the Knorr Marinade and then started on the stirfry.

I ...

• used about half the bottle as a marinade and about another few tablespoons in the stir fry with my noodles and vegetables. The smell was heavenly and the marinade was thick and full of sesame seeds.

The only other spices I used was a bit of black pepper and Mrs. Dash.

Our family loved the stirfry. The meat was tender and the sauce was very similar to my husband’s homemade stirfry sauce (that sauce is a lot of work).

/> This sauce flavoured our dinner with both tangy as well as sweet tasting and I can describe it most closely as resembling a Hoisin sauce undertone with ginger and mild orange flavours. It took me no time at all to make a beautiful stirfry that was flavourful and full of tender meat.

I will definitely be buying this Knorr marinade again and am anxious to try the three other flavours I have in the cupboard. I’ll be back to tell you all about the other ones.

(Southwest Chipotle, Honey & Dijon and Herb & Garlic)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710875421031/k2311a081/8.1.06