PurOliva Oil
  • It's got the Canadian Health Check symbol on it as it's a healthy living choice and I love this stuff I use it for cooking whenever I can as it's a healhty oil
  • I highly recommend this cooking oil as it adds lovely flavour to all our pasta and meat dishes and is great as a base for homemade salad dressings too

• by marleymauve
      It’s well known that Olive Oil is a better oil to use as it’s heart healthy but good extra virgin olive oil can be very expensive. My sister had us over for a lovely italian meal and told me that she

uses PurOliva.

I decided to give it a whirl.

It’s a blend of extra virgin olive oil and canola oil.

It’s got the Canadian Health Check symbol on it as it’s a healthy living choice and I love this stuff I ...

• use it for cooking whenever I can as it’s a healhty oil.

I often pay $10 or more for a good quality olive oil but this is about $6 in grocery stores for a large bottle.

It contains nothing but extra

virgin oil and canola oil and I even use it for deep frying to try to boost the family’s ‘good fats’.

I highly recommend this cooking oil as it adds lovely flavour to all our pasta and meat dishes and is great as a base for homemade salad dressings too.

Kyrstie says :

Canola oil is NOT healthy for you. At all. Canola oil comes from the canola plant, which the canola plant is always genetically modified. Unless your product says organic on the label, canola oil is not good for you in anyway.

Jennifer says :

Actually, Canola Oil is a genetically modified variation of Industrial Rapeseed Oil which comes from the Rapeseed plant. Canola is actually short for Canadian Oil in honor of the scientists who modified the rapeseed oil to have smaller amounts of Erucic acid (a fatty acid that was linked to heart damage in rodent studies) as well as Glucosinolates ( genetic compounds that gave the oil a bitter taste). Canola is actually plant in and of itself but rather a marketing tool to distinguish the scientists and set the name apart from the well known industrial rapeseed oil.

Most studies agree that Canola isn’t the healthiest oil, but it is healthier than vegetable oil, and is actually safer for cooking because of its higher flash point. Additionally, Canola oil does contain ALA Omega-3 fatty acids that have been linked to heart health.

However, the best oils are sunflower oil and olive oil.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710875371031/k2311a081/8.1.06