When a Stranger Calls  » Movies  »
  • I would recommend this movie to those who like thriller films
  • However they might be a little disappointed since it does not scare much

• by Redtape

When this movie came out I was working my braing to find out exactly why the name sounded familiar to me, and then later on I realised that the movie was based off of a previous movie which was released in the late seventies and I had watched some years before. I

liked the movie since it seemed to be a little different from a few other horror and thriller movies which were released at the time and so even though I did not think that the movie was extremely good, it was refreshing all the same. The movie was lacking the normal elements of a thriller film that would make me, the audience jump, become frightened and find myself talking to the main character in the movie who is being stalked.

The movie is about a teenage girl who decides to undertake a babysitting job in order to pay of her high cell phone bill.

• When a Stranger Calls
      On eht esame night too when she is supposed to be starting her babysitting job, a party which she really wanted to go to with her friends is going on. However soon she starts receiving strange phone calls and notice someone is in the house. One of her friends even decides to
      visit her at the house but the stalker murders the friend. As the night progresses the person terrorises her and the children, but eventually they manage to call the police.

I would recommend this movie to those who like thriller films. However they might be a little disappointed since it does not scare much.

When a Stranger Calls
Thabiso Mbusi says :

This movie gave me the chills. I don’t think I have ever met anyone that didn’t like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11907753071131/k2311a079/7.9.09