What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?  » Movies  »
  • The first time I found out about the movie was not in the nineteen nineties when it was released, but some time after I got cable
  • I would recommend this movie to those who like dramas and independent films

• by Redtape

The first time I found out about the movie was not in the nineteen nineties when it was released, but some time after I got cable. I immediately developed a love for it then because it had a sort of independent movie feel towards it and I had just begun to develop a love for independent movies. The characters and how those characters

were played also made me love it. While the acting was not 100% powerful, I still think that I could relate in some sense with them and that the actors managed to command my full attention and pull me into the movie.

The movie was about a young man named Gilbert Grape who lives in a small town taking care of the family ...

• since their father either left or committed suicide. This is because he is the oldest and his mother is so morbidly obese that she rarely if at all comes out of the house. He also has to take care of his little brother Arnie who is mentally retarded and is becoming harder and harder to manage since he is now a teenager. He
        of course has at least one other sibling, who takes care of the house. Gilbert’s life soon changes one day when a young girl travels to the town with her mother and he falls in love with her. It also changes when Gilbert’s mother passesaway one day in her sleep.

I would recommend this movie to those who like dramas and independent films.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11907753061131/k2311a079/7.9.09