The Patriot  » Movies  »
  • However, I found out one Sunday evening that I was wrong when part of my family including myself decided to sit and watch this epic historical film
  • The Patriot became my favourite movie starring Mel Gibson and I could watch it over and over again without getting tired of it
  • This was because I thought it was organised so well, and the acting, even though not completely perfect, was on the ball
  • Mel especially made his character seem more natural than I think a lot of other actors could have
  • I would recommend this movie to those who like historical films

• by Redtape

I had hear do the movie The Patriot for a long time, but I never got a chance to watch it until years after since I did not see it being aired on cable televsion as well as I had the impression by the title of the movie that it was going to be a suspense film starring Mel Gibson.

However, I found out one Sunday evening that I was wrong when part of my family including myself decided to sit and watch this epic historical film.

“The Patriot” became my favourite movie starring Mel Gibson and I could watch it over and over again without getting tired of it. This was because I thought it was organised so well,

• and the acting, even though not completely perfect, was on the ball. Mel especially made his character seem more natural than I think a lot of other actors could have. However, I still did not find it easy to share the character’s pain and sympathise with him.

The movie is set before the American Revolution and follows a man who

is a husband and father of seven children who decides to enlist in the army in the upcoming war. His son also enlists even though he tries to discourage him. The war is bloody and he soon finds that not only his life, but his family’s life also is in danger.

I would recommend this movie to those who like historical films.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11907753001131/k2311a079/7.9.09