Black & Decker Dustbuster  » Housewares  »
  • Our apartment is small and we have a little problem having space for stuff
  • I definitely prefer the Dustbuster’s handheld size over trailing an unwieldy vacuum cleaner around the house
  • I like this part of the design as it minimizes the chances of electrocution while cleaning

• by tsimon

We bought our Dustbuster a few days after our wedding. I’m happy to report that a year later, our little Dustbuster is still one of our favorite and most reliable appliances at home. Our apartment is small and we have a little problem having space for stuff.

We don’t even have space for a full-sized vacuum cleaner. Our Dustbuster’s small size allows us to

stow it out off sight easily.

Moreover, it ably handles the amount of dirt that accumulates daily in our apartment. I definitely prefer the Dustbuster’s handheld size over trailing an unwieldy vacuum cleaner around the house.

What I also like is that the manufacturers provide you with two extra nozzles. The smaller nozzle helps me reach into the little nooks and crannies even at ...

• an angle.

The other attachment is a squeegee that helps me pick up dirt on wet floors, such as in the bathroom. Admittedly, I hardly use the squeegee –I’m more of a mop-it-up person.

I find the unit very easy to clean. I just press a button and the dust catcher pops out of the mechanism.

I then soak the catcher and the sponge

in soapy water for a few minutes then let it air dry. I like this part of the design as it minimizes the chances of electrocution while cleaning.

I’ve found that the battery stays good for about a couple of days without recharging. This translates to one less appliance occupying a socket full time– very important for small apartments where electrical outlets are also at a premium.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53807752031231/k2311a078/7.8.09