Nivea Body Whitening Body Lotion, 400ml  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • It is definitely a case to case basis but to tell frankly I really hate this product
  • Now, I discontinued using it and I prefer to visit my dermatologist to consult about my skin problem

• by amazingme

I am not generalizing what I have experienced in this product. I hate to make negative review on a particular product but I want everybody knows what I have got about this product. It is definitely a case to case basis but to tell frankly I really hate this product. This is my first time to use Nivea Body Whitening Body Lotion. When I run out of Loreal Triple Whitening Body Moisturizer, I tried to look for an alternative lotion. Then this product came to a 50% off in one store near in my place. So I said to myself, this product can be a good one since it smells good and the texture is also good. Besides I have no doubt about Nivea products since it has a good reputation in the market and aside from that my husband is using the Nivea Body Intensive Milk Lotion for a long time and it works perfect on him.

So, I bought the 400ml.

For the first week of using it, it looked fine in my skin and seemed perfect aside from it does not moisturize really my skin just like my usual brand. I just carried out by its name, by its scent, by its texture and definitely by its price. And a week after that, I started to feel something not good and not normal in my skin. First, my pores become visibly noticeable and it looked like a chicken skin. I can’t take to see or touch my skin now for it is very rough and I am ashamed of it. It is itchy, too. I don’t see yet any red spots or mark but I am pretty sure that the appearance of my skin is not good and not in its normal looks. My entire body is now suffering from itchiness and roughness. This is very unusual thing that happened to my skin. I am really wondering because my face ...

• is not affected by this rashes or itchiness, only the parts where I apply this lotion. This really sounds weird because if it is a skin disease or skin abnormality, it must be the whole body including my face. I don’t have skin allergies to any kind of food either. So, it bothers me a lot and this Nivea Whitening Body Lotion is the first on the line which brought my skin into this kind of skin irregularity.

As I remember, I don’t have any skin care products I am using in my body aside from body wash and body lotion. I don’t change my body wash and my shower net was new the time I first use this lotion. I don’t do yet body scrubbing or any skin treatment that can irritate my skin. It’s only the time when I switch my lotion to Nivea Body Whitening Body Lotion. This product is definitely not perfect and not good in my type of skin

nor it is not advisable for me since I am working under the sun and perhaps it might works well in others but for me it is a disaster and I will no longer use or even try again this product anymore. I have also a thought that this product is not for me to use since it does not have SPF factor to protect my skin. Now, I discontinued using it and I prefer to visit my dermatologist to consult about my skin problem. This product gives me more trauma and hassle at the same time. Nevertheless, I never turn down this product to everybody not to try because we have different skin type and skin reaction to all cosmetics we are applying. So if you think that the Nivea Body Whitening Body Lotion is good for you, don’t be afraid to try it. Trying something new is good but remember that not all new you are trying might be good too.

sadia says :

pls inform me that do this lotion whitening my hand finger,hand?please inform me,when i will see the result?

ani says :

if you apply it to your hand then it may whiten your hand. skin cell turnover rate is 3 months so try for 3 months at least.

Galega says :

Nivea Body Whitening Body Lotion can be applied on the entire body. Being a whitening cream, the ingredients are little bit harsh and hence you must first go for patch test/ skin allergy test before using it on the entire body.

There is no guarantee that it will whiten your skin. If it will work for you, the result might be visible after around one month of continuous use.

rosi says :

Had bad experience with nivea..put on face and around eyes they are back to normal now after 6 years…went like old womans eyes creased, loose skin and then flaked…looked awful with makeup…sapped he moisture…only tried because well known brand…never tried it again.

amazingme replies :

I felt bad about your experience with nivea, too.

Galega says :

This cream is obviously not suitable for everyone. The manufacture clearly suggests that users must first go for skin allergy test before using Nivea Body Whitening Body Lotion on the entire body. There seems to be little bit of allergic reaction for you. It may be quite harsh to blame entire Nivea brand. Just ensure to be caution before using any whitening cream or lotion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31807751851231/k2311a078/7.8.09