Avon Simply Pretty Smooth & White Whitening Pressed Powder  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • However, the problem with loose powder is its staying power especially when applied on the face
  • I admire many women whose face could retain the sheerness effect of powder and I believe it depends on the kind of powder they use
  • Well, I decided to choose the white shade
  • Upon application, I noticed my face looks whiter than my neck so I also applied enough amounts on my neck area to balance the color
  • When I successfully did I was happy with the result

• by ladyli

I have for almost all my life been using loose baby powder on my body and even on my face. It really has such refreshing effect on me and would say can’t live comfortably without them. However, the problem with loose powder is its staying power especially when applied on the face. While it gives instant whitening and smooth effect when applied this effect does not last for long. All the more the fineness after application will not be retained when the face begins to perspire. I admire many women whose face could retain the sheerness effect of powder and I believe it depends on the kind of powder they use. Most of them have said they are using pressed instead of loose so that is where the difference lies. However, while I would want to try using pressed powder too, my skin is sensitive to it. I have once developed skin irritation when

I used one brand of pressed powder and from then on I’ve not tried to use any brand of pressed powder again. I have developed some kind of trauma that even when attending night parties that require heavy face make up, I would not want a press powder touch my face.

However, my strong stand against loose powder was softened when an office mate of mine who looks good when wearing one was able to convince me to try as well. She is using Avon Simply Pretty Smooth & White Whitening Pressed Powder and I see the good effects on her. So, when an Avon Lady comes to the office, I looked over the catalog and saw two varieties of Avon Simply Pretty pressed powder and both are meant to control shine and even out skin tone. One is in the shade of white which is the same as what my office ...

• mate is using and the other is soft bisque shade. Both have SPF16. Well, I decided to choose the white shade. I paid PHP135 for one 10 ml. compact.

The next morning after I have completed my regular 3 step beauty regimen of cleansing, toning and moisturizing, I started using the Avon Simply Pretty Smooth and White Whitening Pressed Powder. Upon application, I noticed my face looks whiter than my neck so I also applied enough amounts on my neck area to balance the color. When I successfully did I was happy with the result. My face looked smoother and whiter indeed. So after wearing my favorite shade of lipstick off went I to the office. It took me around an hour and a half to reach the office via an air-conditioned bus. As I reached the office, I sat on my desk and immediately checked my face. So how did the Avon

Simply Pretty pressed powder performed? Sorry to me, but my face was no longer reflecting the smooth and white effect of the powder. It was almost completely gone. Well I did not surrender. I made an immediate retouch to regain the smoothness and whiteness then I went on with my daily office tasks. There was one thing I noticed as I worked. The pressed powder was quite heavy to carry. During the coffee break, I checked on my face and saw that the smooth and white effect had dwindled again. Well, did I finally surrender? Nope! I still gave the product 3 more days of use but in all these days there were no better effect. Well on the fourth day I finally surrendered, I put the Avon Simply Pretty Smooth and White Whitening Pressed Powder in its final resting place and never touch it again. Since then and until now I am back into using my favorite loose baby powder.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31807751771231/k2311a078/7.8.09