50 First Dates movie  » Movies  »
  • I must admit, at first I thought that this movie, 50 First Dates is just another love story with a touch of comedy and humor

• by marielle

I must admit, at first I thought that this movie, 50 First Dates is just another love story with a touch of comedy and humor. But I was wrong. Maybe others are looking at this movie that way, but for me, it is also a story of a great sacrifice made by a person because of true love.

A veterinarian based in Honolulu, Henry Roth (Adam Sandler), is afraid of commitment that

is why he is seeing a lot of girls. He met Lucy Whitmore (Drew Barrymore), and immediately fell in love with her. Hitting it off the first day of their meeting, Henry thought they had a good thing going for them, only to find out that Lucy is suffering from a short-term memory loss, and her memory lasts only for one day. This is what made their dates to be always ...

• their “first date”. You could see in the movie how Henry really loves Lucy that he is willing to do everything for Lucy, always thinking of ways how would Lucy enjoy the day, even if Lucy always doesn’t recognize her at the start of each day, and he has to start explaining everything to Lucy all over again, each and every day.

Although a little bit silly, watching the movie made me believe

that true love does exist, and that if you really love a person, you are willing to do anything, just to make the one you love happy. The disability or sickness of a person is not a reason for her not to be loved. Like Lucy in the story, each one of us deserves to be happy, and each one of us deserves someone who will love us unconditionally despite our flaws and shortcomings.

50 First Dates movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11707751131231/k2311a077/7.7.09