Tweak by Nic Sheff book
  • I think Nic is very brave and courageous to discuss his struggles and his experiences with rehab, twelve step programs and his illness
  • I highly recommend Tweak, as well as Nic's father's book Beautiful Boy

• by snowy

I have read a book that I really enjoyed. The title of the book was Tweak and was written by Nic Sheff. Sheff wrote a book detailing his yeers of drug addiction primarily to methamphetamine. He talks about the progression of his use and dependency starting with getting drunk for the first time at 11, and his escalation of drug use until

his (hopefully final) stay in rehab two years ago.

This book is painful and discusses the struggle that the addicts face in their quest to get and stay sober. I think Nic is very brave and courageous to discuss his struggles and his experiences with rehab, twelve step programs and his illness.

In this book you learn that Nic always ...

• thought that he could conquer his addiction to drugs even though he was progrssing through pot, ecstasy, heroin, crack and meth for years he thought he would be able to stop whenever he wanted to.

Sheff has a raw and honest voice that chronicles his struggles and he discusses the denial and the self hatred and deception that come with

the illness. I give Nic Sheff alot of credit for writing such an insightful book on addiction and it is a fascinating chronology of a young man’s struggle with drugs. I highly recommend “Tweak,” as well as Nic’s father’s book “Beautiful Boy.” This is a great book for anyone who has ever had a struggle with addiction either their own or a family member’s struggle.

Tweak by Nic Sheff book
    Acacia says :

hey Nic Sheff, My name is Acacia pronounced uh-kay-sha Leigh Hines. i am reading your book tweak. well obviously right i just kinda want to know what helped you write this book? What inspired you? i know if it were me telling my story like that it would be very difficult for me to vent like that. i love your book honestly it means so much to me. Other students have told me the same thing. i connect to every aspect of your book. im writing a paper for my north heights column in our fringe our school magazine and we also have a book. i wrote a paper that got published in the north heights book the name of the book is the voices of the heights. my story is on page 62 and is titled sex, drugs, and alcohol the life of a teen. and if you would like my teacher mr. williams said that we could send you a copy of the book if you would like for us to. it is also sold on barnes and noble.com. i dont want it to seem like im pressuring you into buying the book and reading my story, because i bet your way too busy, but thats ok. but it would mean the world if you read it and replied back with your opinion. thank you so very much mr sheff. sincerely, acacia leigh hines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17707751071231/k2311a077/7.7.09