Sunny Maid Chewable Vitamin C  » Health  »
  • I wanted to prevent them from getting sick, and stop the problem before it started
  • I found that vitamin c was wonderful for building the immune system

• by princenlady

So many times I have found it difficult to get my children and family to eat vitamins. We all know the value of taking vitamins daily. We used to live in the North and found that the kids were getting sick a lot. Because of this we had to find more ways to combat the sickness.

Just letting the kids get sick and then having to give them medicine got old. I wanted to prevent them from getting sick, and stop the problem before it started. That was the most important thing to me.

I went to the store and began looking for different vitamins I could give

the family on a daily basis. I found that vitamin c was wonderful for building the immune system. This was exactly what I needed to help my kids before they got sick.

Taking a vitamin c pill or chewable was the answer to help them combat the sickness that seemed to be all around them. It didn’t matter if we went to the store or just the park. There was sickness all around that seemed to always go to the kiddos.

And once they got sick, it went from child to child, and then of course from parent to parent. That was the downside of being so close.

• We all get the sickness too.

So I started having the family taking a vitamin c a day. What I found that that not only do they love these chewable, but they also began to have a built immune system that could combat sickness. Not only this, but they love the taste of the chewable and don’t mind taking them.

Many times, they are the ones that ask to have their vitamin. We usually take at breakfast or at dinner time. These are great times for us to hand them out as we can place one by each placemat.

This makes sure that all the kids get there.

/> The pros of taking vitamin c are amazing. Not only do that build up our families immune system but they also help when we are sick and need a quick dose of something to help us feel better.

If I feel a cold coming on, I will take some vitamin c to keep the cold away. Also, if I run out of the chewable, I will load up on orange juice. Orange juice is loaded with vitamin c and is great for times when the family is under the weather.

The other pro is the kids love anything that is a chewable. The taste of orange is a taste the kids will always love.

Tracy says :

I would like to know why you have Natural Orange Flavor, but the tablets contain Aspartame, which is unnatural and harmful to some ?

Joanna says :

Hi Tracy,

I don’t work with the company, but many vitamin C supplements contain sweeteners as ascorbic acid can be somewhat bitter. Additionally, I believe the aspartame helps to preserve the shelf life of the tablets. It also helps to prevent discoloration when the tablets are exposed to oxygen.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34707750511131/k2311a077/7.7.09