Acer Aspire One  » Laptops  »
  • The other issue is that there is no CD/DVD drive, but an external one is an option

• by cbantly

In my search for a new laptop, I was mainly interested in size. Like many other people, I have seen the advertisements for the whole new line of mini-laptops that has become available in the last couple years. My biggest concerns were that the computer would be slow, the screen hard to read, and the keyboard virtually unusable.

After careful comparison, I selected

the Aspire Acer One…and I couldn’t be happier! Not only does the Acer One fit into what I was looking for size wise, it also has a lot more features than I expected. For example, it has a built in web cam that is hidden inside the top portion of the display. The computer is not slow as I was afraid,

• and actually beats my old laptop! The keyboard is very easy to use, and did I mention the size!

There are only a couple drawbacks, and both are easily fixed. The first is the relatively difficult mouse pad, which is a little too small and located too close to the edge of the computer. I simply use an external USB mouse, and

no issues! The other issue is that there is no CD/DVD drive, but an external one is an option.

The size simply cannot be beat, and it is a completely functional laptop. I needlessly worried that a compact computer would be far inferior to its larger colleagues, but I was mistaken. The Aspire Acer One is an excellent, and inexpensive compact computer!

Acer Aspire One
    carole brunelle says :

I read the review on the Acer Aspire One. My main concern is to know if it is sturdy enough to be frequently shaken riding around in a truck. I saw one priced at 299.00 and wondered if it`s too expensive at that price. Thank you for your reply.

Chris Bantly replies :

You can find them on Amazon for much cheaper. I carry it around with me while I work EMS ambulance - 911 , and it has held up very well

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63707750241031/k2311a077/7.7.09